When Time Fades

Thankfully, Jungkook was able to detect their scents from a few feet away, but still, it's at a terrible timing that I was able to notice minutes later. I was too immersed for making plans tomorrow that I forgot my conscious surroundings. 

Jungkook, back in MinYoung's body casually ambles back towards the kitchen. The vessel of the man remains in a deep slumber on the coach. To explain the stained blood on the man's overalls is something that must not be questioned. 

'Jungkook, strip the clothes that have the bloodstains on them and put them in that machine. It cleans up fairly well ... as far as I've seen MinYoung do it.'

I push myself away from the entrance door and close my eyes. Jungkook obliges without any questions, as I pretend to stretch. They must be watching us from somewhere. Despite the lack of windows in this area, there's no doubt what they're capable of. I know they can see through this concrete building.

A man in a white robe slowly approaches the door. Ten others of his guards scatter themselves behind one path. Some crouch behind bushes. Others remain on the tree branches. They hold weapons, aiming it towards this house. Their odors are easy to detect. I can feel their presence at this distance. 

There's a difference in the feeling between mankind and nature. 

I reach for my foot and stand up again, flexing my muscles as naturally as possible without forcing it. I turn around and approach MinYoung's body, placing my palms on her shoulders. Jungkook reacts swiftly with confusion and freezes. He glances through the eyes of MinYoung in vexation and discomfort. 

'Just play along.'

This is the only way to uplift the suspicion regarding the blood-stained clothes. I hold my breath and lean my forehead against MinYoung's. Jungkook hisses in dishevelment. He's never been this close to me as far as I know. It's very strange from his side. I've never been like this before, but it's the only solution I've got to enhance the naturalness between MinYoung and I.

'Jungkook, switch back. I need MinYoung to be here, now.'

He slaps my nape and I glare in return. If he doesn't feel comfortable like this, then I'd rather have her soul take over. He isn't comfortable as far as I know and the presence of the strange man inches closer to the house. 

Jungkook's presence overwhelms her own. He seems reluctant to change but doesn't argue back. Her eyes close and I wrap my arms around her torso. Her body goes limp for a second. However, MinYoung's own soul returns as bright as day. Her eyes drowsily flutter. Fatigue succumbs her vision and body.

She whimpers out of mere confusion and holds onto me. Once I confirm that it's MinYoung back and fully awake in her own vessel, I pull her up to sit on the counter and place my hands on both sides. 

MinYoung raises an eyebrow and tries to hold the weight of her body. I crouch down just a little, inducing her heart to race as she blinks her eyes several times.  

'Don't question anything. Someone in a white robe is approaching the house. Just play along and I'll try to act as natural as possible.'

Now, her body is alert. She hesitates and composes her breathing. 

"J-Jung-"

I jump up a bit and press my lips on her trembling ones. Jungkook's name cannot be spoken right now, even if its between us. Her eyes widen even more and I pull away before she could attempt to push me. However, her arms began to shake as she covers her mouth in shock. Her heart is pounding harshly and she begins to stutter with her words.

Her eyes resemble a broken glass, as if she was bound to tear up. 

Soon enough the man stands in front of the door. Shifting my sight towards the door, I remain standing where I am, waiting for something to happen.