Chapter 3

Abigail walked all the way to her office still in a daze . She could not digest what she had seen in Raphael's office and her encounter with Antonio. She made a vow never to reveal anything to anyone and will take it to her grave.

Abigail went to the bathroom , she had to splashed some water on her face to wake her up from that shocking discovery!
She put on her best smile and walked inside Mrs. Brunei's office but only found a note waiting for her.

My lovely Abigail,  Peiro fell ill so I have to go home early. Please lock up the office and fill in the last documents for the release of the fabrics in the warehouse. The trucks will be here at 4pm in warehouse 2.Kisses, Mrs.Brunei

Abigail smiled when she saw she also left her a small chocolate in the shape of a heart .
Mrs. Brunei had been married to Piero Brunei for over 25 years and he was a little older than Mrs. Brunei . They were very close and still going strong after all those years together. Mrs. Brunei was originally from France , her French name Marie- Antoinette speaks for itself. She met her husband when he was working in the Marines and he had stopped over in France for a few days . They fell in love at first sight and got married a few years after Mrs. Brunei decided to leave everything behind and went to Italy in search of the marine who stole her heart.

Abigail walked out of the office carrying the documents with her.She looked at her watch it was nearly four. She had to hurry if she wanted to finish early to make it to her grandfather's birthday dinner.She was still thinking about the events earlier but this time switching her thoughts to Antonio.

That guy is so arrogant!! He thinks he is so important that he can treat people like , as if I am an idiot!, Abigail said  to herself.
She walked into the warehouse and there was a trailer truck there and the driver was no where to be found. She started writing the truck's number and tried to looked around for the driver. She thought maybe he might be  in the container on the trailer and so she stepped in the back.

" Hellooo", Abigail shouted her voice echoing in the container. A lot of boxes where stacked and Abigail found it weird that there where wooden crates instead of the usual carton boxes with the company 's label.

" That's weird", she said whispering to herself.

She looked for her phone to get the flashlight only to realize she left it on her desk. Abigail moved further in the front of the container , curiosity got to her she wanted to know , what was in those boxes.
She tried to open the box but it was tight and lock with special nuts and bolts. She tried to peep into small cracks in the wooden crates but no luck.

"Enough detective work for one day", she whispered.

She figured out she must be in the wrong truck and walked back to the door to get out only to find the it had been lock from outside .
Someone must have shut the door whilst she was snooping around and she didn't hear .

" Oh great!!, now how do I get...", she could not finish her sentence because the truck started to move.

She banged on the door hoping someone could hear her , she ran to the front hoping she can attract the driver's attention but there were no windows with the container. So many thoughts went through her mind . Her family , where the truck is going , what was in those boxes... and then she remembered she's claustrophobic as the air thickened and her body started gasping for air. The last thing she did before she fell down and blacked out was whispering "mother."

I must have been out for quite a long time, Abigail thought as she slowly started to gain  consciousness.Somewhere a small breeze was caressing her face and she smiled thanking God that she was still alive.

Abigail tried to stand up ,when she saw that  one of the  door of the container was slightly opened.
The fall after she blacked out must have given her a bump on her head she thought feeling a sharp pain on her the right side of her head. That was confirmed when she ran a hand through her long black hair .

On the  right side of her head there was a bump and was so painful to touch.Her body was heavy and she could barely move. She had  to pull herself up using the wooden creates for her to be able to sit down .She could see a little clearer from the little opening of the door which allowed her to look around her.

Abigail heard voices coming from outside the truck.
They were talking very loudly in Italian which Abigail tried to make sense of but since her body was still getting the oxygen back to her brain she couldn't figure out what they were saying.
She crawled towards the door so she could ask for help.She noticed that one of the crates were opened and inside there was something shiny. Abigail moved closer to have a better look and to her surprise the wooden crate was full of guns!!

Arm trafficking!!??The De Luca!!?, she said to herself trying not to shout.

She looked around ,all those boxes must be filled with guns .

"What did I get myself into?", she whispered panicking.

The  voices got louder like almost shouting. She could figured out partly of what they were discussing .
She heard a male voice pleading
" Please Sir don't kill me, I didn't try to sell off your family , I will never be able to do that Sir, let me go!",

What's going on?, she wondered worriedly as fear took over her body.

As she moved closer , crawling towards the door , she was able to peep through the narrow opening of the door.She saw a man down on his knees , his hands tied at the back and was crying his eyes out.Then Abigail turned her gaze to the other people present, the room was well lighted so she was able to see who else was there .
She was shocked to see Antonio , Raphael and two other man that she hadn't seen before.There was a white car parked inside the warehouse and the driver whom Abigail recognized as Mr. Alonso's driver was leaning against the car and a shadow of a man in the back seat.

"Mr. Alonso!!??", she asked herself.

Her gaze went back to the man with the gun, he was pointing it at the man on the floor.
The man holding the gun looked a lot like Antonio but much older with silver hair showing in between his black hair .
A gunshot and a crack where the bullet hit that man's skull made Abigail shrieked . She covered her mouth and crawled backwards and hid behind the crates closer to her.
There was a total silence outside but Abigail had a feeling they heard her .

Matteo held his hands up to stop anyone from talking, he put a finger to his lips telling everyone to be quiet.He clearly heard someone shouting when he shot the truck driver. He looked over  at his brothers who gave him the same look.An uninvited guest was here and they will have to do two jobs tonight specially since it was him who shot the traitor. He didn't want his good name to get ruined especially since he is known as one of the best lawyer in Milan.

His firm partners will not tolerate gossips about him being involved in a murder.
He signaled to the two bodyguards for  them to go in front of the truck whilst he pointed his gun straight at the door of the container.Antonio removed his pistol from his holster from his back and moved next to the left door of the container which was still closed.

Raphael was instructed by the eldest brother to go inside the container.
Raphael took his gun and slowly moved towards the container. He slowly opened the door with Antonio watching his back. They were all sharp shooters so they could count on each other to cover each other's back.

Raphael noticed no one was there behind the door so he jumped inside the container, he saw some papers on the floor. He picked it up and read it, he saw Mrs. Brunei's name .
oh No!, he thought , don't tell me she is the one in here.
He moved slowly and he heard someone breathing heavily.

Abigail tried to control her breathing she couldn't help it , tears came voluntarily.

I'm going to die!!, she kept saying to herself.

She almost had a heart attack when she saw Raphael standing over her with a silver gun in his hand.
She gasped and wanted to scream but all she did was lose consciousness.