Chapter 36

Abigail was not really sure it was a good idea to have come back to Italy. She thought as she stood there and stared outside the window of Antonio's new apartment. He was out meeting with Samuel and she was so anxious to know what they discussed. The door bell rang and she was startled, she was not expecting anyone and Antonio didn't mentioned anyone coming over. She walked through the door and peeped   through the door viewer and to her surprise Raphael was standing there. Her hands felt numbed as she held the door handle. She opened and pulled on her best smile and Raphael hugged her before he walked in.
She stood there for a few seconds in surprise.She closed the door and walked in and looked at Raphael who was standing by the window and looking down at the cars on the street.
" Hi Raphael", Abigail said shyly.
" Hey! I've been trying to call Antonio , he asked me to meet him here", Raphael said smiling at Abigail.
She felt more relaxed as she smiled back.
" Where is the princess?!", Raphael asked.
" She is in the bedroom, sleeping", Abigail replied smiling.
Raphael's phone rang, he picked up, " Yes , I am in your apartment. I know we have loads to discuss, Cassia, I mean my mother will be coming here with Fred!", Abigail heard Raphael say.
He hung up and looked at Abigail.
" We have so much to talk about today Abigail!", Raphael said in a serious tone.
" Oh boy! Seems this will be a long night!", Abigail thought as she offered Raphael something to drink.
She put on the kettle and was making tea when she heard the front  door opened and loud talking.
She walked out of the kitchen and saw Antonio and her brother. They both looked at her and smiled.
" Samuel !!", Abigail said as she walked fast towards her brother and hugged him.
Samuel kissed her on her forehead as they smiled at each other.
" Hey Raphael, what information do you have?", Antonio asked.
" Can we wait for the others?", Raphael suggested.
" Ok , darling can you make us some coffee please", Antonio said to Abigail.
" I was about to do that when you walked in", she said smiling at him.
He winked at her as she made her way to the kitchen and Samuel followed her .
" Samuel , have you been able to find something to catch  that monster!?", Abigail asked Samuel  in a whispering tone.
" Well , almost , we needed one of the brothers to be our witness ...and Mateo gave a statement against Alonso!!", Samuel said with a smile whispering back to her.
" What?!", Abigail almost shouted.
" But ...then he will be arrested as well!", Abigail told Samuel.
" Well , he will be the prosecution witness", Samuel answered.
" But why  isn't he here!?", Abigail asked .
" He should be coming later, Well that what he said. We noticed that after he gave the statement he was not at ease", Samuel said.
" I wonder what he said when he found out the truth!", Abigail asked .
" He didn't take it so well!", Abigail heard Antonio said behind them.
Abigail turned and looked at him , he had a sad look in his face. She went up to him and hugged him , they stood there hugging each other as Samuel left the kitchen.
" Antonio, I am so sorry you have to go through all of these things!", Abigail whispered in his ears .
He looked at her and kissed her on her lips.
" Well at least after we end all of those dramas  we can finally live a life not full of lies and betrayal", Antonio said .
The door bell rang and they went into the sitting room Mateo had arrived. He looked so sad as if he had been  crying when he walked in. Antonio left Abigail's side and went to him hugging him as Mateo started to cry.
They sat down in silence in the sitting room as Abigail went to the kitchen and brought out the tea and coffee.
She heard Ava whining through the baby monitor and excused herself to go check up on her.
" Bring her here, we want to see her!", Samuel said excitedly and then Mateo also spoke up .
As if Ava was a breath of fresh air for the sadness that had circled the apartment.
Abigail smiled and went in the room and brought Ava  back in the sitting room .
She was giggling and holding a strand of her hair through her tiny fingers. Abigail turned her around to face the gentlemen sitting in the living room and Ava's smiley face turned into a frown and all of them laughed .
Ava started to cry and Antonio called her name . She stopped and looked for his face, whilst she kept looking at Raphael, Mateo and Samuel.
She saw her dad's face and smiled , giggling as she held her two little hands up as if she wanted Antonio to pick her which he did.
Abigail went in the kitchen to make her a bottle of milk whilst the four men were keeping her busy . Abigail could hear her giggling loud and she smiled, she couldn't wait for all these nightmares to be over so they can start a normal life.
She walked back and picked up Ava and fed her .
The silence returned as they watched Ava drank her milk and falling back to sleep.
" I am so sad... sad that how easily I could forget the memories of our father Antonio, I mean Carlos!", Mateo spoke up breaking the silence.
" You were too small Mateo! You should not blame yourself!", Antonio said patting his brother on his back.
" I know..,but it's so hard for me to digest everything you guys told me! I trusted that man..I allowed him to manipulate me and made me do things ,bad things !!", Mateo said putting his head in his hands.
" Well now we will catch him!", Samuel said .
" You guys can get revenge for your dad's death and let his soul Rest In Peace!", Samuel said.
" Still, this guy took us for a fool for too long, Raphael didn't know his real mother until recently, our mother been living this hell for ages and our father is dead because of him!", Mateo said angrily.
" He even made a will! There must be something fishy in it since he asked Philip to do the will and not me!", Mateo continued as he got up and poured himself a Whiskey.
The door bell rang and Raphael got up and opened it, all this time he had been sitting quietly and listening.
Cassia and Fred walked in. Abigail was so happy to see Fred , she went up to him and hugged him and then greeted Cassia.
They sat down in the sitting room , as Fred gave Raphael a brown envelope .
He opened it and everyone stared at him.
" I knew it!", he said as he slammed the envelope on the table.
" What?!", Mateo and Antonio asked at the same time .
Mateo took the papers from the envelope and read them.
Abigail could see his face turning from calm to anger.
" So Eduardo is the son of Mathias! Alonso's long time enemy! His whole family believed that Alonso killed him and took part of his fortune just like he did with our father", Mateo said reading those papers .
" But why ..why did he tricked Raphael?", Abigail asked looking at Raphael.
" Because he wanted to take revenge on me as well, his father was in love with my mother and he probably thinks that Alonso killed him because of my mum!", Raphael said looking at Cassia.
" So when he found out who I was he started his little games with me when he was actually seeing Valeria!... he is bi sexual..", Raphael said shyly looking at his brothers.
" But thanks to you Abigail, now we know everything!", Raphael said smiling at Abigail.
" He tried to kill Antonio ...that night at the party and we also found out Alonso wanted to kill Abigail that day in the cabin! It was his job!!", Fred said .
Antonio looked at Abigail in surprise.
" But I was there as well!?", Antonio said.
" Yes, they would have wounded you and then killed Abigail! Then pinned everything on Eduardo! Alonso knew about Eduardo for a while but remained quiet so that he can used him and his gang as an escape goat! It was like a cat and mouse game!", Fred replied.
" Now I remember the day in his office... he asked if I was protecting a particular member of the family!", Antonio said as he put an arm around Abigail.
" He knew about you two for a while... one of his men told me that he wanted to destroy Abigail and her baby because she could stopped the wedding between Antonio and Marina from happening !", Fred said , " after you left he thought Antonio would lead him to you again but we covered your tracks very well Abigail otherwise you wouldn't be here not even  your baby!".
They all looked at each other in surprise, they couldn't believe what Fred was saying.
" Alonso is very cunning! Even if he had to kill one of you he would have because you are not his biological sons!", Cassia said looking at Mateo and Antonio.
Samuel's phone rang and he picked up,
" What!?...No!!", he said in some sort of panic as everyone looked at him anxiously.
He grabbed his coat and paused by the door hanging up the phone .
" Guys bad news!! The statement against Alonso and the other evidence...somehow disappeared from the office!!", Samuel said punching at the door.
" What?!", Mateo said.
"How could this happened?!",  Cassia said standing up .
" Alonso!!", Antonio and Raphael said together.
" Definitely and now he knows what we are up to ...he can do something to hurt mother!", Mateo said grabbing his coat as well.
"Where are you going?!", Antonio asked him.
" To the mansion !!", Mateo said.
" Then we are coming as well", Antonio said grabbing his coat.
" Antonio!", Abigail said and went to him and hugged him.
" Please do be careful my love!", Abigail said lovingly.
"I will, just don't open the door to anyone! That guy has no limit!", Antonio said.
" We can't go straight to the mansion, we need a plan and back up!", Samuel said as they walked to the door.
Cassia stayed behind , she said she will keep Abigail company as she hugged her son tightly before he left.
" Alonso will never allow anyone to catch him...they have a long battle ahead of them and I just hope none of them gets hurt!", Cassia said to Abigail as she looked through the window.
Abigail nodded and sat down in the sitting room praying quietly.

They arrived at the police station and Samuel went to the Chief detective's office. He asked Mateo , Raphael and Antonio to come with him whilst Fred stayed in the car.
" What happened to the file Rico!?", Samuel asked the detective.
" Well , looks like Alonso has a mole in here!Cameras were erased so we don't know who exactly broke into my office!", Rico replied running a hand through his hair with a worried look on his face.
" We had him!! Even if you make another statement, he already knows what we are up to!", Rico said looking at Mateo.
" We now think he might do something to our mother! So we better head to the mansion !", Antonio said anxiously.
Raphael's phone rang and there was a look of surprise on his face .
He picked up , " Mum! What's wrong !! Why are you crying! Who?! Abigail and the baby !! No we are coming , mum please ...Mother!!". Raphael ran out of the office and Antonio ran after him.
" Raphael!! Raphael, what happened!!?", Antonio shouted at Raphael.
He stopped running and looked at Antonio, Mateo and Samuel were already there and the detective as well.
" They were attacked Antonio! My mum was shot! They took Abigail and the baby! Looks like they waited for us to leave !", Raphael said crying as he hugged Antonio.
The detective asked for the address and called for an ambulance to go there urgently and some patrol cars.
They rushed out and got in the car with Fred and Samuel went with the detective.
They told Fred what happened and he rushed to the apartment.
They arrived and the ambulance was already there, Raphael hurried out pushing his way through the crowd and the others followed him.
They saw the paramedics , they were about to put the stretcher in the ambulance and Cassia was wearing an oxygen and she looked really pale.
Raphael rushed to her side as she opened her eyes slowly and tears rolled down her face.
" Mum don't cry , you will be ok!" , Raphael said as tears rolled down his cheeks.
The paramedics told him to move since they needed to hurry to the hospital.
" I am going with you guys!", he told the paramedics in a pleading voice.
They looked at each other and then told him to hurry and get in.
" Cassia , was it Alonso!?", Antonio asked her .
Cassia weakly nodded a yes and then the paramedics closed the door to the ambulance and drove away fast.
" Oh my! He's got Abigail!! Ava!! I am going to kill that bastard !" , Antonio said as he paced the floor.
"Sir we found this in the apartment. I think you need to listen!", a police officer came running to Rico and handed him a phone which had been put in a clear evident bag.
The detective put on his gloves and removed the phone and pressed the video recording button.