Chapter 27

The two men looked at each other  and then the masked man fell down . Abigail stood there behind him trembling as she threw the gun on the ground.Antonio picked up the gun and came up to her.
" Wow you sure you haven't done this before!?", Antonio asked smiling.
" What!!? I killed ...I killed another human and you find the time to joke about it!!", Abigail shouted at him.
" We don't have time to argue , it was either me or him!", Antonio said taking her hand she shivered when he said that he could have been the one lying there in a puddle of blood and she would have been next when they would have found her.
They heard someone shouting a name and they knew the others where looking for the dead man. Antonio was tempted to remove the dead's man mask but this would only cause them to waste time.
They started to run again , the car will pick them by the main road which they were not far from . They ran as fast as they could , Abigail started feeling pain in her abdomen and she got scared. She started praying for her baby that she didn't even hear Antonio talking to her until he called her name twice.
" Abigail we have to cross the river , we have to be careful the bridge is old, you have to hold my hand tightly ", Antonio said.
She looked at the river , the water was flowing fast and she got chills. She held his hand " I've got you", he said as they crossed the bridge hurrying to the other side. They got to the other side and Antonio noticed two of those masked man from quite a distance. He asked Abigail to bend down and he did so as well. He watched them through the bushes. He saw one of them pointing towards the bridge.
" They are coming we have to go faster!", Antonio said looking at her, he could see she was exhausted. They crawled until they were among taller bushes and trees. They started to run again, they saw the road and he saw a car there. He couldn't see if it was his bodyguards. They walked slowly and he looked at his phone , he had signals so he called whispering over the phone. The bodyguards confirmed they were there. They started to run as they heard gunshots, they reached the car and jumped at the back ,as soon as they sped away they saw the two man running out of the woods and pointing their gun at the car but they were too far to even fire.
Antonio thanked his men and he looked at Abigail she didn't look fine. Her face was pale and she was holding her stomach . He saw her put a hand in between her legs and when she removed it was covered in blood. He could see the fear in her eyes as she looked at him tears swelling up in her eyes.
"Alex hurry to the hospital!!" , Antonio shouted and the next thing Abigail passed out.  " "Abigail, Abigail" ,he shouted touching her face.
He was scared of losing either one of them, his baby and the woman he loves! He said it he loves her !! This woman killed someone to protect him , though he never wished for her to do something like that.
They rushed to the hospital, Abigail was carried inside on a stretcher and the Doctor did not allow anyone inside the consultation room. He was glad they were in a hospital where they don't know Abigail, maybe someone might recognize him since it was a little town hospital outside the city which his father had donated generously to .
The Doctor was with Abigail inside for nearly a good 30mins before he came out. Antonio looked at him.
" She is asking for you", The Doctor said and they went back in together.
Abigail laid there with puffy eyes ,Antonio could see that she had been crying and he didn't want to hear any bad news. He will blame himself for the rest of his life if anything happens to the baby. But he remembered that he couldn't say his baby , he looked at her and smile and took the Doctor to the side as a nurse was talking to Abigail.
"Dr how is she and her baby?!", Antonio asked anxiously.
" Well ....that was a pretty scary experience for her! But I am glad they are both fine and the baby is out of danger . But she needs rest ...", The Doctor said and then looked at Abigail's dirty clothes on her and his clothes  as well.
" Sir can you tell me what happened that she came here in that condition !?", The Doctor asked with a serious tone.
Antonio knew that the Doctor will asked such questions. He had rehearsed his answer over and over again in his head. He told the Doctor that Abigail worked for him and she called for assistance regarding her car breaking down on her way to a meeting in town which he was attending as well and he was on his way a little further behind her , " Silly girl didn't locked her door and she was attacked by some young man who were close by in the woods, she tried to run after them since they stole her bag which contained important documents.So you can understand the rest Doctor" , Antonio said telling the story in such a convincing way that the Doctor didn't have time to think of anything else.
" Hmm the youth nowadays, getting worst stealing from a defenseless pregnant woman!", The Doctor said shaking his head.
" Well I am glad that everything is ok, but she has to stay overnight!", The Doctor said signing some documents that the nurse gave him.
" The night!", Abigail said looking at Antonio with a serious look.
He knew that she was thinking about what will the family say when they don't come back today. He cannot go and leave her , he had to come up with something so he winked at Abigail.
Abigail relaxed, "Antonio will think of something", she said smiling thinking of the story he told the Doctor. He didn't want the police involved as there will be only be gossips about them going around and now was not a good time for more drama. She laid down on the bed and rubbed her hand slowly on her tummy , she remembered the beautiful sound of her baby's heartbeat through the ultrasound machine. She fell more in love with her baby and was more determined now to do everything she could to save her or him.
Antonio came to her bedside he looked around and bent and whispered in her ear , " Glad our baby is ok and you as well!", he said sweetly, Abigail blushed and she smiled .
The door opened and he moved away quickly as the nurse came in. He walked out and took his phone. " Hello, hi is my mother around, yes put me through to her... Hi mum , we are fine , there had been some mixed up regarding our flight we will be coming back early morning. Yes she is fine, she is not around think she went to eat or something. Yes please may you inform Raphael as well. Love you too", he hanged up and walked outside there was a small hotel next to the hospital he went there and booked two room one for him and one for his bodyguards . He needed a shower and a change of clothes. He walked into a store close by and bought some clothes for him and then he roamed around the store looking for something which he smiled when his eyes found it. A nice evening dress which he bought for Abigail and asked the store assistant for matching shoes and some other items she will need.
Abigail was fast asleep when she fell someone playing in her hair , she slowly opened her eyes and smiled . " Antonio", she said sweetly.
" I came to check up on you , I asked the Doctor if he can release you tonight  he said yes, since everything looking positive! So we can spend another night together", he said whispering the last words looking at her flirtatiously.
Abigail bit her lips as she fell her stomach tightening up , "what effects he has on me!",she
thought.
" But the Doctor is not suspicious...uhm about us!", She said.
" No just told him I booked rooms in the hotel next door where you will be more comfortable", Antonio said.
" Uhm, rooms!!  ...so we will not sleep together", she said softly.
Antonio laughed " No dear the other room is for the boys", Antonio said referring to his bodyguards as he slowly caressed her face. She wanted to pull him towards her and kiss him but their romantic gaze was interrupted by a nurse coming in with some papers .
She looked at them and smiled ,
" Hi Miss Abigail your release documents, the Doctor said you can leave and he gave his personal number just in case something happens which God forbids", the nurse said nicely.
" Thank you! And tell him thank you for his card", she said as the nurse helped her off the bed she fell a little dizzy but then it went away.
Antonio left the room whilst she got change he had brought some clothes for her but kept the  dress for later. He had planned a beautiful dinner for her and he just hoped that she will be strong enough for them to go.
Abigail came out and Antonio helped her inside the car. Though the hotel was close by , he didn't allow her to walk. They got to the hotel and they went to the room . As she walked inside the bedroom, Abigail saw a beautiful dress hanging with matching flats. She touched the dress though it was not of the best of quality fabrics that she work with everyday but it was surely beautiful.
" Antonio...", she said looking at him and smiling.
" It's yours , do you feel like going out for dinner darling", he said sweetly.
" Darling", the word echoed in her head and she fell dizzy.
" Are you ok?!", Antonio asked worryingly coming to her.
" It's just ...just you call me darling again ", she said smiling. Antonio laughed , he loved it when she acted like a teenager in love . He could see that he was the only man in her life and eventually he will find out about her relationship with Raphael.
" That's what I am going to call you", he said whispering in her ear and kissing her forehead.
Antonio had never been this sweet or romantic with any woman who had previously shared his life or his bed. Abigail had something special and he was scared as well. Because people often said " falling in love is nice but getting your heartbroken hurts more than a thousand lashes ".
This relationship could only lead to one of them being badly hurt .
" Of course I will go with you for dinner!", Abigail said happily making him come back to reality.
He smiled and told her to get ready.

Abigail smiled as she put on the dress , his first gift , she said to herself. The dress fitted her perfectly and she was glad he got some flats . She found some makeup in the bathroom and she smiled when she saw her name written on there .She let her hair loose and applied some blush to her pale cheeks.
She walked out the room and almost bumped into Antonio. They both laughed and Antonio looked at her. He loved the way the dress fitted her perfectly, her face even a little pale she still looked beautiful.
" Beautiful!", he said kissing her on her lips.
" Not bad yourself!", Abigail said looking at him dressed in a white T-shirt and jeans. His blue eyes were brighter tonight and she could melt just looking into them.
" Let's go!", he said excitedly.
Abigail looked at him and she wondered what he had planned.
They didn't need the car as the dinner will be at the hotel itself . They walked through the dinning area and then a young man came and told them their table was ready but they kept walking as Abigail looked at the dining area behind them. She saw Antonio smiled and once they were out in the garden he grabbed her hand and she smiled. They were guided to a table in the middle of a beautiful rose garden. The  table was beautifully laid  with candles and rose petals.
Abigail was in shocked , she had never seen such a beautiful scenery before !! The waiter gave Antonio a red rose and he came up to her and he gave it to her, with a small note.
" La tua rosa", Antonio said .
" Grazie!", Abigail said almost in tears , this was too much for her .She slowly opened the note and read it " One day we will come back here , but together as husband and wife"
Abigail couldn't stop herself from crying.
She hugged him tightly as her tears fell. He looked at her " I love you Abigail!", he said before he kissed her passionately.