Chapter 38

All the way to the lake house Antonio was praying that his mother was still alive. He needed her to tell them about their father, they had so much to talk about. She hadn't met Ava and to tell her about his relationship with Abigail. His thoughts went to Marina, he hadn't heard from her in a while . Since he shouted at her over the phone that day , she had stayed away. Her father tried calling a few times but Antonio had ignored the call texting him saying he was busy . That was another part of his life he had to resolve after he is done with Alonso.

Antonio indicated to the detective to stop the car by the small jetty because it was faster to  go by boat to the lake house. They got inside a small boat which they usually used to cross the lake and the four other police officers took another one with a skipper. Rico called for back up on the sea and a helicopter as well.
Antonio stopped the boat a few meters where they could see the lake house and Rico looked through the binoculars and he could see some movements over at the lake house . Antonio didn't go straight to the lake house he indicated to the other skipper to follow him as he knew somewhere they could get off and walked to the house. There was an old wooden jetty which they used before they built the new one in front of the lake house, they got off there and tied the boats ,the skipper waited for them.
They walked swiftly and keeping a watchful eyes around them.Antonio indicated to them to follow him as they crawled through a bush that was close to the house. Rico indicated to the four officers to circle the house and to be discreet . One small mistake on their part the whole mission would fail! Two of Alonso's men got in the SUV and left leaving two more behind and a few minutes they saw a white tinted car pulled up outside the house.
" Alonso!", Antonio whispered.
They saw Alonso getting out and Clara as well .
Clara looked as if she was crying and she looked weak.
Antonio couldn't stay hidden anymore , he rushed out of their hideout even if Rico tried grabbing on to him , but he pushed him aside .
" Alonso!!", Antonio shouted with an angry tone.
Alonso turned and looked at him. Upon seeing her son Clara punched Alonso's bodyguard in the stomach pushing him aside and ran towards her son. Antonio saw Alonso giving the guy permission to shoot his mother he reacted fast and shoot that man on his hand and he dropped his gun shouting in pain as blood gushed out of his hand.
Clara ran to her son hugging him tightly and they stood there and looked at Alonso whom had been circled by the rest of his bodyguards.
" We need to talk Alonso!", Antonio said loudly.
" So now I am Alonso , after everything I have done for you and your brothers this is how you repay me!!", Alonso said sarcastically.
" Yes! So much you have done !! Turning us into you!! Maybe if you didn't kill our father we would have been way better !!", Antonio replied with the same tone.
Clara looked at her son in surprise after she heard what he said.
Antonio squeezed her hand.
" You are a coward just like your father was!!" , Alonso said laughing.
" That's why you killed him!?", Antonio asked clenching his fists.
" Well , shot him in the head , just like my men will kill you and your mother! Then I will just say you were murdered by our enemies!", Alonso said indicating to his men to shoot Antonio and Clara.
Just then they heard a loud noise and a helicopter and some police boats were coming in their direction.
" Alonso De Luca,tell your men to let down their weapons, you are surrounded !", Someone from the boat said through a megaphone.
At the same time Rico , Fred and his men came out of their hideout . Alonso grabbed one of his men and used him as a shield as he start shooting in the direction of Antonio. His men also started shooting and soon the place had turned into a battle field. Alonso's men were defeated and he threw in the towel by putting his hands up still holding the gun.
" Put your weapon down Alonso! It's over now!!", Rico shouted at him.
Antonio hugged Clara tightly and told her everything will be ok from now on.
Alonso looked at Antonio hugging his mother and that made him angry  and he suddenly pointed his gun at Clara .
He never wanted to see them this way , happy.
" Clara watch out !", Rico shouted but Alonso had already pulled the trigger .
Antonio turned his mother around quickly as the bullet hit him in the back. He looked at his mother who started to shout hysterically when he fell to the ground.
At the same time Rico shot Alonso and the bullet hit him straight in the head!
" Antonio stay with me , my son please don't leave me!!", Clara shouted and crying at the same time as she cradled her son's head into her lap.
She was so scared of losing her son like she lost his father , by the hands of Alonso!
Rico contacted the ambulance as they put Antonio on board one of the police boat hurrying to the other side as they applied pressure to the bullet wound to stop the blood from gushing out.
" Hang in there buddy!", Rico said to him as Antonio slowly fell into a complete darkness.