Chapter 24

Abigail arrived at the mansion. She wanted to speak to Clara before she went to the office. Specially after yesterday's visit from Cassia.
She walked in the house and was warmly welcomed by the butler.
" Good morning, ma'am should I ask the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for you?", he asked her warmly.
" Thank you, I will look for ma'am Clara first and then I can have breakfast with her," Abigail replied.
" I believe she is in the glass house attending to her roses" , he said.
"Ok , thanks I know the way", she said going outside waving goodbye to the butler.
She made her way through the garden to the beautiful glass house where Clara spent most of her time with her flowers . She referred to them as her babies.
She entered the glass house but there was no sign of Clara , she walked to the other side where she kept her orchids, Abigail was about to call out her name when she heard Clara speaking loudly.
" You have destroyed all of them! Look at my sons Alonso, Mateo and Antonio have become just like you. Their father wasn't like that.Their father was full of love and compassion unlike you. You are so cold and full of hatred which lead you to kill the only man I ever loved!".
Abigail was in total shocked and held on to a small table close by , she nearly dropped a flower pot , she quickly grabbed the pot and put it slowly back on the table . Abigail hid behind the door and listened to Clara who was still speaking " Now poor Raphael will have to suffer , because of your greed and ego, if anything happens to Cassia I will know its you. hopefully you don't ask one of his brothers to do your dirty job!" .
" Living my life in this big lie, pretending to be so in love with you makes me sick Alonso! I live only to make everyone else  happy!", Clara said her voice breaking down.
" Shut up Clara!", Alonso shouted.
" I killed your husband because he tried to kill me! Now your sons will have to obey me and do what I want them to do! I brought them up!! And you better stay quiet if you know what's good for you!", Alonso said with a threatening tone.
Abigail couldn't believe what she was hearing. She wanted to go in there and give Alonso a good piece of her mind but that will only be the end of her.
" What if Antonio finds that out?! The man he looks up to is not his father! And this man killed his real dad!! Who was he!?", Abigail asked herself.
" Why do I always have to hear or see such things!!?", She questioned herself.
She heard footsteps coming towards the door she moved quickly out of the glass house almost running outside . She stopped a few centimeters from the glass house , pulled herself together and walked back as if she had just arrived.
Alonso came out of the glass house and looked at her weirdly,
" Good morning Mr. Alonso , I am looking for your beautiful wife!", Abigail said cheerfully.
Alonso looked at her suspiciously and she tried to make the smile as genuine as possible .
" Good morning, she is in there", Alonso replied coldly still giving her the same look.
" With her roses like usual", She tried to make conversation with him but Alonso just waved his hands and walked away.
" phew!!", Abigail said as she walked in the glass house. Abigail saw a tearful Clara talking quietly with a bunch of red roses, she went up to her ,
" Clara are you ok?", Abigail asked softly.
Clara was surprised to see her there as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand and smiled at her.
" Hi dear Abigail, I am fine, sometimes I speak to my flowers and I get all emotional", she said kissing Abigail on the cheeks.
Abigail didn't expect her to tell her the truth ,she didn't mentioned anything regarding the conversation she had overheard as well,even if she badly wanted to. " How dare he make such a wonderful woman cry!", Abigail thought as she softly touched one of the red rose.
" Your flowers are as beautiful , just like you !", Abigail said trying to cheer her up a bit.
" Oh thank you dear. Thanks for stopping by, you always bring sunshine where there's rain!", She said taking Abigail's hands into hers. Abigail smiled at her.
They spoke for a while about flowers and gardening, Abigail didn't want to talk to her about last night anymore, specially after what she heard this morning.
They made their way to the terrace and Abigail agreed to have a quick breakfast with her. The pregnancy had been making her more hungry than usual but she was trying to eat mostly  healthy food.
" Hey good morning son. You are late today", Abigail heard Clara said and her heart beat faster, she knew it was Antonio.
She checked her watch it was time for her to leave as well. As Antonio approached them Abigail got up and told Clara that she had to go but she promised that she will come back for dinner with Raphael if he is not busy tonight.
Clara hugged her tightly and she walked by Antonio and did not greet him .
" Dear why don't you go with Antonio?", she heard Clara said. Abigail stopped and turned around she had to look at him since he was standing next to his mother. He looked so breathtaking, Abigail didn't know  if it was the extra hormones from the pregnancy but one thing she was on her craving list, was him!
He looked at her and Abigail's heart skipped a beat .
" How come only his gaze have so much effect on me!!... and listen heart your job is to pump blood that's it!", she said to herself trying to calm her heart which was beating faster than usual . She looked at Clara who was smiling at her ,
" It's ok .. Fred is still here", Abigail said pointing towards the car where Fred was waiting for her.
She waved goodbye to Clara and walked towards the car.