Chapter 11

Abigail laid there on the floor in front of the fireplace. She couldn't believe what just happened! She pinched herself hard to see if she was not dreaming .
" Ow...yup ...I am fully awake", she said putting her hands to her lips and she could still feel his lips on hers. Abigail covered her face thinking about that kiss , her first real kiss !She didn't even know how to respond to his kiss !
" what an idiot!!", she thought about herself.
Abigail got up and went to the bedroom that  had been  prepared for her and she headed straight to the bathroom. She opened the tap and stood there under the water , the water droplets traced the path that Antonio's hands left on her body. He explored her every curves with tenderness and now those spots that he touched were still burning and yearning for more, specially the spot between her legs. Abigail trembled with those thoughts she had to somehow get rid of those feelings , he was the only man who had ever made her feel like this ,made her want and need to know what it is like to make love to a man.

Antonio got to the mansion and went straight to the bar in the sitting room. He poured himself a double whiskey and gulped it down. He poured another and walked towards the windows running a hand through his hair. He can still see her there in front of the fire place , her eyes , her smell and her fingertips on his back were filled with such tenderness as if she had never touched a man before . " Could she be a ...No way!!", he said quietly.
"the documents that Raphael gave me about her said she is 26 turning 27 this year, I don't think at that age she wouldn't have experienced sex!!?? Or kiss a man!!??" ,Antonio said to himself.
" I think she is just an easy girl ...", he said quietly.
A familiar smell of expensive cigar made him forget about his thoughts when he turned to see his father there.
" Papà, you are home?", Antonio said surprised to see his father back home earlier from his three days trip.
" Well my son , I had to come back , I cannot read what is happening inside my home in newspapers or on social media!", Mr. Alonso said grabbing a chair and asking Antonio to join him.
Antonio knew perfectly well that his father was referring to the wedding of Raphael and Abigail. He didn't look happy and smoking a cigar calms him down whenever he felt like he was annoyed at something.
" I am waiting for Raphael to come back so I can have a word with him, he has to divorce that ...young lady, The De Luca cannot accept her as a bride into this family", Mr. Alonso said with anger in his voice.
" Papà, I don't know why he married her, he said he is in love ...and you will have to respect that", Antonio said taking a sip of his drink.
" How dare he say that!", Mr. Alonso said slamming his hand on the table ,
"now he is really annoyed", thought Antonio.
" Had anyone done a background search on that girl?!", his father asked.
" Raphael said he did, her father died in London and after his death they moved here to Italy,the mother is a good seamstress and she lives with her and her youngest brother . Her other brother moved away apparently working in the navy..She qualified with good grades at Milan University in business and fashion", Antonio said swirling his drink in the glass .
" A seamstress for a mother in law , that's what Raphael chose...puff", Mr.Alonso said shaking his head.
" That young man will hear from me as soon as he put his feet in front of that door",his father said pointing to the entrance door ,he then got up , patted Antonio on his shoulder and left the room.
Antonio knew that his dad being back in the house now all hell will break loose and very soon Raphael and his wife will have to face a very angry Alonso De Luca.
" Now we will see , how your sharp tongue will help you", Antonio said smiling thinking about Abigail's hot temper.

The next day Abigail woke up , she looked outside through the window of her bedroom and like she had thought the garden was indeed beautiful. She heard noises downstairs she put her robe over her nightdress and went downstairs. A lady was there vacuuming the sitting room , her eyes glanced at the beautiful white rug in front of the fireplace and the images of last night came flashing back inside her brain . Abigail tried to find something to distract her from those memories . She went up to the lady who nearly had a cardiac arrest when Abigail touched her arm.
" Signora!", exclaimed the lady touching her chest as she put down her vacuum.
Abigail smiled and apologized to have startled her. The lady smiled and introduced herself.
" Mi chiamo Augustine", she said .
" Piacere di conoscerti", Abigail replied telling her it was nice to meet her.
They exchanged some words and Abigail found out that Raphael called to check if she was there and that she had prepared breakfast and lunch since she was leaving early to attend to some personal matters . Abigail asked her the address and Augustine wrote it down on a paper for her.
" A pleasant little woman , she reminds me of Mrs . Brunei", Abigail said to herself.
" Speaking of Mrs. Brunei , I am going in today.. the fashion week is coming up and we have to get the fabrics ready for the new designs", Abigail said to herself and she didn't care that Raphael told her to wait for him she had work to do and she will not stay here as a prisoner. She was not a five year old and she definitely knew her limit of what to say and what not to say.
She went in the bedroom and walked in the wardrobe, a few clothes still with tags on them were hanging and she chose a brown skirt and a greenish blouse . Unfortunately she had to wear heels those were the only shoes available.
She asked Augustine to iron her clothes the little lady simply smiled and didn't asked any questions.
When Augustine left Abigail got changed and thanks for the address that the maid wrote down for her , she called for a cab indicating her location. There were no bodyguards at the gate making it easier for her to leave.

" where to ma'am" , the taxi driver said.
" I am going to the "The Conti De Luca Company", the one close to the IL Pellicano restaurant", Abigail said putting on her seatbelt.She felt good to be out of that house and she rolled down the window smelling the fresh air and looking at the beautiful surroundings .

Antonio pulled up outside the company, when he was giving the car key to the parking valet he saw Abigail coming from inside the building and walking to a taxi waiting there.
Antonio walked fast so that he could catch up with her as she waved goodbye to the taxi driver and walked back inside. As soon as the elevator opened Abigail got inside and pressed her floor number . She had retrieved her bag from her office to pay the taxi driver and was looking through it that she didn't see  when the elevator door reopened and walked in the one person she was hoping not to meet that day.
" Antonio", she said softly bending her head down but she could see that he heard her. He glanced at her then pressed the top floor button.Usually they will not take this elevator , thought Abigail , that's why most of the employees had never met their bosses.
They didn't exchanged a single word and Abigail was praying that more people will come in so that she would not be alone with him.
When the door opened on her floor Abigail was about to walk out only to be pulled back inside by a pair of strong hands. The door closed and continue going up to the top floor.
" What's wrong with you", Abigail said trying to pull out of his grasp.
" Didn't my brother say you were suppose to wait for him before you come back to this company?!", Antonio said tightening his grip on her arms.
He was actually hurting her and she winced with pain. He saw the look on her face but still didn't let go.
The elevator door opened and he loosen his grip on her but still held her by her arms , he hauled her to his office . She was glad that no one was there to witness the scene that they were causing. Antonio opened the door to his office and pushed Abigail inside , being in heels she lost her balance and she fell down hurting her knees as they hit the floor .
She was filled with anger and she wanted so bad to hit him with something. She couldn't believe this was the same man who nearly made love to her last night. She would have been so mad at herself now if she had allowed him to go all the way with her.
Abigail got up and cleaned her knees and she looked up at Antonio .His face was unsympathetic and his eyes were cold.
He came closer to her and she moved back trying to look around for something to defend herself if he tried to hurt her.
" It seems you make you own rules , Raphael told you to stay at his house until he brings you here but you couldn't listen right?", Antonio said looking down at her since he had her cornered against his desk.
"I am not a prisoner ok!! I am Raphael's wife!! I can go wherever I want to , not because I am married to a De Luca that I have to walk around on a leash ", Abigail said looking straight at him.
" So Mrs. De Luca ..", Antonio said whispering in her ears in a husky voice .. " did your husband come home to finish what I started last night?".
Abigail cheeks where burning from embarrassment when he said that and couldn't look at him in the eyes .
" I guess not.." , he continued, " after that kiss from last night I wouldn't blame him", he said mockingly.
Abigail couldn't handle her anger anymore and slapped him across his face.
" How dare he make fun of my innocence!!", Abigail wanted to shout out!
Antonio was furious after the slap , no woman had ever laid a finger on him and he will surely not allow her to get away with this .
He was about to say something when his phone rang , and it was the direct line from his father's office .
He let go of Abigail and surely she will pay somehow for the slap.
" Si Papà", he said and for the first time Abigail could hear some human emotions in that beast's voice.
Antonio had to go to his father's office immediately, he took his keys and without saying anything to her , he locked Abigail inside his office . Abigail started hitting on the door to let her out , he gave instructions to the security on the floor to make sure that no one opened his office's door as he made his way to his dad's office.

" Antonio, look at this !", his dad said in anger as soon as he entered the room . He threw an envelope at Antonio and he opened it to reveal a letter saying.
" I know everything about your family ..your little games will be exposed soon.. murderers!!"
The note was written with letters cut out from magazines.
" There is more ,look inside", his father said lighting a cigar. He looked inside the envelope and found articles about people who had died in strange circumstances and all of those names had been their job . There was also an article about the smuggling of weapons which the police had not been able to arrest the culprits.
Antonio ran a hand through his hair and he looked at his dad who was trying to relax smoking his Cuban cigar,
" Who delivered this letter!!? ", he said angrily perturbed about the letter as he paced the floor looking at the note over and over again.
" That's what I don't understand, nobody saw anyone coming or going from here ....I don't know Antonio....I am not thinking straight...go now we will talk later" , his father said waving for him to go.
As he walked out of the office thinking about what was written in that letter and the first name that crossed to his mind was " Abigail!!"