Chapter 14

Abigail woke up , she barely got any sleep last night. She was tired and her eyes were swollen from all the crying . When she came back to the bedroom last night a t shirt and a pair of shorts were on her bed , Antonio must have brought it whilst she was trying to wash away the terrible memory of the loss of her innocence.She got up and opened the curtain , the rain had stopped and it was a beautiful day. She felt different, Antonio had destroyed a part of her last night , from now she will never trust any other man! Abigail felt that she had fallen for the wrong man and to give away her virginity to him had been the worst decision but what is done is done.
Antonio destroyed her fantasy of her losing her virginity on a bed of roses surrounded by candles and her lover would have been soft  and romantic. Last night was completely the opposite!Well reality is way different from the thousand romantic movies she had seen!
" What you want me to do , marry you... you are already married to my brother ... now I'm fulfilling his duties!", his words kept repeating over and over again in her head and each time they hurt a little bit more.
As she made her way  to the bathroom, she heard voices downstairs and it sounded as if everyone were upset. She rushed to the bathroom and saw one of the maid from last night coming out from there with the laundry basket ,but she didn't see her torn clothes from last night in the basket.
" Good morning ma'am , your clothes had been ironed and will be brought to your room", the little maid said wishing her a good day and made her way downstairs.
" What clothes?, what happened to the ones I wore yesterday?!", Abigail said to herself.
She hurried in the bathroom and when she walked in the room she found a black skirt  and a Floral blouse laid on her bed . She got change quickly ,since she  wanted to get out of this house as soon as possible.
Her purse was also on her bed, she took her phone out , the battery was dead.
" Great!!", Abigail said walking out making her way downstairs.
She walked slowly downstairs into the sitting area and could still hear the voices.
" Raphael is here and ....that's sounds like Mr. Alonso", Abigail said surprisingly and covered her mouth. She was about to turn around and rushed back to the bedroom when she heard a familiar voice behind her,
" Good morning darling", she turned and tried to give Raphael her best smile, when he came up to her and brushed a kiss on her lips. Her gaze fell on Antonio and she saw his lips curved into a smile before he turned to speak to his father.
She was boiling with rage , she just looked at him and maintained her cool and be ladylike in front of the big boss.
Raphael wrapped an arm around her waist and brought her closer to his father. She could see Mr. Alonso was not happy to see her or meet her but he forced himself to kiss her cheeks.
Abigail greeted him politely though she saw the  look of disgust in his eyes.
" Well can we go and have lunch now", Mr. Alonso said.
" Lunch!!", Abigail said to herself, as she looked at the clock in the living room , "12.30pm!!", She thought surprised to see the time on the clock.
" Penny to your thoughts", Raphael said smiling at her.
" Oh ...I am sorry I was lost there", She said smiling back.
" I wonder what you were thinking about?", She heard Antonio said and could pick up the sarcasm in his voice.
She wanted to tell him to mind his own business but remained calm as Raphael led her to the nicely laid table for lunch.
She was starving and couldn't wait to start tasting those delicious meals on the table.She sat next to Raphael and Antonio sat opposite them. During the lunch the conversation was mostly amongst the three man, Abigail could understand that someone tried to break into the office whereby all the important documents where kept in a safe, that this person knew his or her way out of the company . That there could be more than one person doing that. When Mr. Alonso said that Abigail saw Antonio turned his head and looked at her suspiciously . She pretended she didn't understand what was going on as they continued their conversation in Italian. Mr. Alonso then said that he received another note saying that the life of all their loved ones was in danger and one by one will be taken down.Antonio said that he was sure that this was another mafia gang and they are after the family for reasons that they will have to find out.
Abigail couldn't show her worries on her face , she drank some wine to calm down.
They continued their conversation about how they are going to tackle the situation but Antonio stopped them saying they should speak more privately and they set up a meeting at the company at 5pm.