One

"Alright, alright, calm down!" Abbey pulled the two fighting men away from each other. "Either you buy a drink, or get the hell out." Abbey eyed the two men.

"Fine" one grumbled. He walked to the far end of the bar and order a drink. The other guy left.

Abbey shook her head and got behind the counter. She grabbed a towel and began to dry some cups when she heard a familiar grumble.

Abbey smiled and turned around.

"The same again Logan?" Abbey asked as she had a bottle of beer in her hand.

Logan nodded his head and Abbey handed him the bottle. He took a few swigs and stared into space, as usual.

As Abbey was working on another glass, she looked up and saw two other men fighting.

Abbey sighed and threw down her towel and set down the glass.

"Karen," Abbey pulled her friend to the side, "take care of the bar for me, I have to go fix something."

Karen nodded her head.

Abbey walked around the bar and up to the men. At first, she tried to get them apart by yelling at them. That was no use considering both men were really drunk. She was going to try her second option when one of the men's elbows came at her face. Abbey's reaction time,  slow.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked towards her direction.

The two men stopped fighting, but they didn't let go of each other.

Abbey's hands were covering her nose, when they moved to uncover her nose, there was blood on her hands.

Logan was facing towards Abbey with a small smirk on his face.

"They're fucked." Logan said aloud.

The two men let go of each other and stared at Abbey with fear and confusion in their eyes.

Abbey took a deep breath in, and let a shaky one out.

"Before I start throwing my fists at one of you two," Abbey eyed both men, "you're either going to get the hell out of my bar, or your going to stop this and act like human beings. Now, which is it?"

Both men looked at each other, then they scrambled out of the bar.

Abbey turned around and pouted.

"It's no fun when they leave." Abbey joked. Logan scoffed and turned his chair back around to face the bar.

As the hours went by, Logan left, a few other people left, and soon, it was time to close down the bar for the night.

"Goodnight Karen, see you in the morning!" Abbey said to Karen as she watched her friend walk to her car. Abbey locked the door and headed home. She didn't mind the walking anyway.

Abbey got to her apartment and unlocked the door. She stepped inside and closed the door behind her, locking it in the process.

Abbey placed her keys on the kitchen counter and walked into her bedroom. She sat on her bed and sighed sadly.

Tomorrow her boyfriend was coming home from the war. Tomorrow, he was going to abuse her. And today was Abbeys last peaceful day to enjoy.