Seven

Abbey hung her head as she picked at her fingers. Abbey's legs were crossed over each other as she sat on her bed. Charles came into her room with some tea.

"Drink this, it should help block out the voices for awhile."

Abbey took the cup and sipped the tea. It tasted sweet with honey and sugar.

"Abbey," Charles started, "what did you see?"

Abbey closed her eyes and concentrated. She saw her hands strapped onto a metal table. The same man from Abbey's recent dreams was standing beside her. His face was blurry. He held something gray in his hands. It was a surgical knife. The man began to cut from Abbey's neck, to her stomach.

Abbey whimpered as she opened her eyes.

"I saw the same man cutting into me." Abbey looked at Charles. "Please don't make me see it again Charles, please."

Charles nodded his head and stood up. He walked out of Abbey's room and closed the door behind him.

A few minutes later. Abbey's door opened.

Abbey expected to see Alex, but instead, it was Eric.

"What can you tell me about the numbers on your arm?" Eric asked suddenly.

"Numbers?" Abbey became confused. As she looked at her arm, she saw six numbers: 237814.

Abbey quickly pulled down her sleeve. A wave of dizziness had overtaken her. Voices began to fill her head again. This time, they were stronger.

"Charles." Abbey called to him through her thoughts. She knew he could hear her.

Abbey heard footsteps come near the door. Then, the door flew open.

"Eric," Charles came towards Abbey, "What the hell did you do?"

Eric stood up. His mouth opened, then closed. Then it opened again.

"She's been to a concentration camp." Eric then walked out of the room.

"Abbey," Charles looked at her, "is this true?"

Abbey's eyes searched everywhere. It was as if Charles was invisible to her.

[Flashback]

"Go!" A German soldier shoved a small, short Abbey into a room. A metal table was in front of her. Medical utensils were on the side on a medical tray.

Abbey's heart rate increased.

A man stepped into the room. His hair was darker than the other man Abbey was used to seeing.

"Hello." The man smiled at her, "What is your name?"

"I want my mama." Abbey bumped into the corner of the room.

"You're mama is sick," the man walked towards Abbey, "you could help her. You want to help her, right?"

A tear slid down Abbey's face. She cared for her mother. Abbey wanted her mother to feel better.

Abbey slowly nodded her head.

"Good." The man smiled. "Come". The man held out his hand for Abbey to take.

Abbey slowly, reached out her hand for his. She didn't even see the syringe in his left hand.

Abbey felt a sharp pinch in her left arm. She looked down and saw the man take the needle out of her arm.

"You will be a great project for me." The man smiled and picked Abbey up. Her body sagged.

The man lifted Abbey onto the table and strapped her down. Then, he began to cut into her skin.

Abbey could feel the sharp pain of he knife cutting through her flesh. She could feel her blood running down her skin onto the cold table. Her screams filled her ears. Tears ran down Abbey's face. Her body jerked, but it couldn't get free.

[End Of Flashback]

"Make it stop!" Abbey cried. Her hands violently shook. Tears ran down her face. "Make it stop, please!"

Charles pressed two fringes to Abbey's forehead. Her eyes fluttered. Then, Abbey fell back onto her bed. She was out.

❌ ❌ ❌

Charles stepped out of Abbey's room. He shut the door behind him. Eric was leaning against the wall, waiting for him.

"What did you say to her?" Charles asked.

"I asked her about the numbers on her arm." Eric replied. He was now standing in front of Charles. "I have similar ones." Eric pulled up his sleeve to reveal six numbers: 214782. "I've been to a camp where they experimented on me." Eric pulled down his sleeve. "I've felt her pain." Eric then walked away from Charles.

❌ ❌ ❌

"Charles." Alex ran after the professor, "Can I see Abbey for a few minutes?"

Charles sighed. Then, he nodded his head.

Alex smiled and took off towards the mansion. He climbed the stairs and stopped at Abbey's door. Alex knocked once and then walked into the room.

Abbey lifted her head. Her eyes were puffy and red. Abbey sat up straight and sniffed.

"Hey." Abbey placed a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"Are you Ok?" Alex asked as he sat next to Abbey on the bed.

"Yeah." Abbey forced a smile.

"Abbey." Alex looked at her.

"Okay, no, I'm not alright." Abbey could feel her eyes burning. "I keep seeing this man. And all I feel is pain. I don't understand why-" Abbey began to sob. Alex placed an arm around her shoulders and brought Abbey closer to his chest. Then, Abbey cried into his shirt.

"I don't understand why this is happening to me." Abbey cried. "why now?"

"I don't know." Alex said. "But, I do know that you'll be able to get through this."

Abbey stopped crying and looked up at Alex.

"I sure hope so." Abbey said.

Alex smiled.

"I know you'll be able to get through this."

Abbey smiled. Then, she yawned. Abbey snuggled closer to Alex and fell asleep.

At first. Alex was shocked and didn't know what to do. Then, he smiled down at the sleeping girl. He felt a strange feeling in his stomach. But he ignored it.

Alex and Abbey were just friends, right?