Two

Abbey walked in late to work, her head was hung low. She slowly made her way to the counter and grabbed a towel. She grabbed a glass near her and began to dry it.

"Can I get the usual please, Abbey." Logan asked.

"Yeah." Abbey grabbed a beer and gave it to Logan.

Logan took a swig of his drink and cleared his throat.

"Who did it?" He asked.

Abbey shook her head confused.

"Who did what?"

Logan sighed.

"Don't play stupid Abbey, who gave you those bruises."

"My boyfriend." Abbey mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you." Logan said.

"My boyfriend." Abbey said louder.

"Where is he now?" Logan asked.

Abbey scoffed and shook her head.

"You're not going to hurt him, understand me?"

Logan only rolled his eyes.

"I saw that." Abbey said as she began to wipe down some tables.

❌ ❌ ❌

It was beginning to get late. The bar was about to close soon.

Logan was still at the bar. He did less drinking and more watching.

"Logan," Abbey made the man turn around in his chair, "Are you waiting for someone?"

As if on cue, Abbey's boyfriend walked through the door. His long dark hair was pulled up into a bun. He didn't look happy at all.

"I was waiting for that." Logan said loud enough for only Abbey to hear.

"Janos," Abbey smiled nervously, "what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you, alone."

"I'm kind of busy at the moment, if you could just-"

"Now, Abbey." Janos growled at her.

Abbey flinched, she wasn't expecting him to get angry at her in public.

Abbey shakily put down her towel and went to walk out of the bar when Logan stopped her.

"What are you doing?" Janos looked at Logan, then Abbey.

"She's not leaving," Logan said in a calm voice. He glared at Janos. "I think you're the one who should be leaving."

Janos chuckled.

"Abbey lets go." Janos held out his hand for her to take.

Abbey stared at his hand. Then her eyes traveled up to meet his. She slowly shook her head "no".

Janos let his hand fall to his side. He scoffed and shook his head.

"You're kidding me right?" Janos looked at his girlfriend.

"I th-think you sh-should leave Janos." Abbey said as she looked at the floor.

"Excuse me?" Janos became angry, "what did you just say to me?!" Janos moved forward, but Logan stopped him.

"Come any closer and I'll cut you to pieces." Logan growled.

Janos laughed.

"Really? With what? A toothpick?"

Logan huffed with anger.

"Easy Logan." Abbey whispered. Her hand lightly gripped his left arm that was shaking. She could feel something moving beneath his skin.

"Leave now," Logan said through gritted teeth, " or I make you into sushi."

"Not if I do something first." Janos said.

Abbey stepped in between the two men.

"You know what Janos," Abbey started, "I want you out of my house, now! I never want to see you again! You're abusive and a jerk!"

Janos was shocked.

"What did you just say to me?" Janos came closer to Abbey.

Abbey became frightened. She felt her hands become hot. Hotter than usual.

"I said, LEAVE!" Abbey pushed Janos away from her, but she had a little kick to it. When she pushed Janos away, a red ball of energy had hit his chest and sent him flying out of the bar.

Janos quickly sat up and dusted himself off.

"I'll leave, but I promise you this Abbey, I will see you again!" Janos then ran to get his things out of his ex's house.

Abbey turned towards Logan and saw that he had an eyebrow raised.

"What?" Abbey asked as if nothing happened.

"What? That's all I get is 'what?'" Logan followed the girl back to the bar. "You just pushed a man at least half a football field out of your own bar. And you say "'what?'"

"I was going to tell you," Abbey said, "but I thought you would just runaway, or do something else, if I did tell you. So, I kept it a secret."

"Abbey, do I look like someone who would runaway from you?" Logan cocked a brow.

Abbey smiled and grabbed a glass from the sink. Then she grabbed a towel and began to dry the glass.

"No," Abbey said, "no you don't."