Eight

"Again," Charles said.

Abbey sighed and concentrated. Her body began to heat up. Red light filled the dimly lit room. Abbey opened her eyes and released her power onto the target. The target was now on fire. Half of it was gone.

Abbey smiled and started laughing.

"I did it!" Abbey pumped her fists in the air.

"Nicely done Abbey." Charles smiled.

"Thank you." Abbey bowed.

Alex walked up to Abbey and clapped.

"Nice, and none of the mannequins are on fire."

Abbey punched Alex on the arm and laughed.

"Ow." Alex rubbed his arm.

Abbey rolled her eyes.

"Hey, we should do something fun." Abbey smiled.

"Like what?" Alex asked raising a brow.

Abbey punched Alex on the arm harder this time.

"What the hell Abbey." Alex laughed.

"That's not what I was talking about you idiot." Abbey laughed. "Give me a few minutes to think about it. If I don't think of anything, let me know if you have something in mind." Abbey walked towards the door and out of the room.

"You should ask her out Alex." Charles said.

"Shut up." Alex said as he quickly made his way out of the room.

❌ ❌ ❌

Abbey had put her hair into a french braid. Then, she laid on her bed and began to think of what Alex and her could do before they had to fight Shaw.

"I want her to be perfect." A man's voice echoed through Abbey's head.

"Stop." Abbey said aloud and rubbed her temples. "You're not real."

"Oh, I'm very real Abbey." The voice replied.

Abbey jumped and fell off of her bed.

"What the hell?!" Abbey looked around the room. "Who's there?"

There was silence.

"I need some air." Abbey said to herself. She grabbed a light jacket and walked out of her room. Abbey almost tripped over Alex, but he had caught her.

"You alright?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Abbey placed a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I just needed to get some air."

"Mind if I join you?" Alex asked.

Abbey smiled.

"Not at all."

❌ ❌ ❌

"So," Alex had his hands in his pockets, "your boyfriend is a psychopath?"

Abbey laughed.

"Basically, yeah." Abbey looked at Alex. "What about you, got any psycho girlfriends?"

Alex laughed.

"No, not that I can think of."