Author's Note

ah, well, that wasn't so great....

When I started this book, I had basically in my head the idea of a romance between Ringo's sister and John (I've always wanted to do a romance with John ^-^). I had the beginning worked out--a snowy day, with the sister getting dumped and not being able to get to her party--and the ending, which was originally going to be at the moment when Ringo and Mo see Madeline off, and she was originally going to wait till Zak was born to leave (but Zak was born too late, the rat) (I'm joking, Zak's awesome). But in between? There wasn't much there, and as I mushed through this book, it was like, "ARGHHHH NO, I GO NOWHERE~"

So eventually, I just resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't very interesting, and wondered if maybe I could write a more interesting sequel. And--thanks to the recent Barnes & Noble Free Friday selections--I think I've decided on something. Please read it! It's more interesting. I hope. XD Should be, anyway. Here's the blurb, if you want~

The summer after he watched her leave his house for the last time, John is still reeling from the break-up with his best friend's little sister. But he's used to worrying about that; now he's got something more important to worry about: Americans. Thanks to a stupid comment he made about the Beatles and Jesus, he's pretty much the enemy of every American in the Bible Belt.

Madeline, on the other hand, was having a good year, until the summer of the burnings. She's alarmed by the amount of violence against not only her ex-boyfriend who wasn't so bad, but her brother as well. What neither of them realize is that anyone close to the Beatles is in danger too.

Ringo Starr didn't expect a phone call that Tuesday afternoon. But it came, from an American policeman.

Madeline is missing...and in a moment of rage and fear, John walks out of Ringo's living room and goes to find her...