two

Character List.

Nadiya Green

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Third Person's Perspective

Nadiya sat down at the big circular table in the behavioral room. She was still trying to understand why Shay had invited her to a basketball game. They didn't even know each other. Even if he was just trying to pay her back, that was the wrong way to do it.

The anthem came on but she remained in her seat. There wasn't any teachers to yell at her and she never liked standing for the anthem. She wasn't going to show respect to a country that she didn't respect. When the song was over, Mrs. Blayne and Principal Davidson entered the room through the announcements.

"Hey guys." Nadiya said brightly, she saw the irritated looks and just wanted to be funny.

"Nadiya, do you think this is a joke?"

Nadiya pretended to think about it, "Yup."

"You missed detention yesterday!" Principal Davidson barked.

"I had work, I can't not go."

They both stood there, looking at each other confused. How could it be possible that a teen like Nadiya was even allowed to get a job.

"Well you'll-" Mrs. Blayne started, but she didn't know what to say.

"My social worker got me the job." Nadiya explained.

Again, the staff members looked at one another stuck. They didn't know what to say, but still Nadiya had to be punished in a way that would be suitable.

Nadiya sat there calmly as she watched them whisper to each other. "So can I get some work or what?"

She wasn't about to sit here for the entire day doing nothing.

Mrs. Blayne spoke up, "get started on your fifteen hundred word paper."

Nadiya chuckled, "I don't have a computer."