seven

Character List.

Nadiya Green

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Third Person's Perspective

Nadiya sat with her head in her knees sobbing. The hard chair she sat on was the least of her concerns. Not to mention her arm that was in a white cast. The impact of Shaheed pushing her down, and both their body weight crashing on her had caused the ulna to be popped out of its socket and her wrist to be cleanly snapped.

Shaheed was shot in his spine. And there was a huge possibility that he would be paralyzed because the bullet was lodged in there. The surgery that would be done to take it out could possibly kill him and the doctors have induced him into a coma until his parents arrived.

"Ma'am, I'm afraid unless your family, you are going to have to go to the general waiting room downstairs. This is a private space for-"

Nadiya lifted her head up and gave the nurse a look. The nurse looked back at the girls red eyes and sighed. Emily, took a seat beside her, she was supposed to be getting home to her boyfriend and daughter but, she saw the distress in the girls face and her heart reached out to comfort her.

"When my daughter was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around her throat and she was a bright blue."

Nadiya let out a soft breath, she really wasn't in the mood to be hearing another sob story. She just wanted to tell Shaheed that she was thankful for everything he had done for her. She wanted him sitting here on this chair while she fought for her life. That's the way it should've been, she was sure of it.

"It was scary, and I felt like it was my fault. I just want to let you know that even if you feel like you're at fault or hell, maybe you are at fault, you can't beat yourself up like this. That boy in there is fighting a lot harder and feeling more pain than you, so stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's not about you right now, it's about him."

Nadiya wiped her face, the lady was telling her about herself and she didn't like it.

"You'll be alright."