ten

Character List

Nadiya Green

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Third Person's Perspective

Nadiya fidgeted with the folded sleeves of her white blouse. The ironed long sleeved dress shirt was flowing over a pair of black denim jeans. On her feet were a pair of crisp white mock toms.

She was very nervous for the next ten minutes, she wasn't sure how this conversation was going to go.

She cupped the mug around her fingers and looked around the coffee shop. She was sitting in a secluded spot, the closest table was about two meters away. All she had was Corey by her side, he sat at the window seat. She was unconsciously isolating herself  to sit in the aisle, she didn't want to feel trapped, she needed an escape.

On an unrelated note, for some reason, she didn't want Santana to come with them. She appreciated the gesture, but Nadiya didn't feel like she was sincere. She knew the feeling of being unwanted far too well, she got that feeling whenever Santana was near.

Besides, she wanted to slay her demons, as Shay put it anyway.

Nadiya however, did agree to have Corey come inside with her. She wasn't sure if Cesar would take her threats seriously if she stood alone.

Nadiya brought the mug up to her lips and took a gulp of her green tea. It was a sunny Cali day, yet the hot tea brung her warmth.

"You nervous?" Nadiya founded herself asking.

Corey shifted his gaze from out the window and to the teen girl, "no," he replied honestly. Cesar to him, was just another seat warmer on the throne. He used to be Cesar. Anyone with enough balls could be Cesar. Hell, in five years, there would be another Cesar.

Nadiya nodded to herself, the answer didn't make her any more relaxed but hey, it seemed like Corey was ready to help her slay her demons.

"Thank you," Nadiya said softly, "even if this doesn't work, just know that... well thanks for trying."