twelve

Character List.

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Nadiya Green

Shaheed's Perspective

December 25th 2018

"Shay baby can you bring these plates outside to the patio? The dinning room tables too small," my mom told me pointing at a stack of red dining plates.

I nodded and picked Christian up who had been laying on my chest and handed him to Kenya.

I hopped up off the floor, stepping around the toys and to the kitchen where Easton was already in the process of picking up the plates.

"Ay bro, I got it," I told him.

"It's cool. We never really around, usually you always gotta do this shit so," he said shrugging.

I didn't argue but that didn't stop my mom from handing me half the fancy silverware to put out with her.

"Your girlfriend still coming," she said to me as she placed down knives and forks.

"She ain't my girl ma," I told her. She knew Nadiya and I were just... friends.

"What girl?" East budded in.

I ignored him, "she still coming.... Justus coming?" I asked in return.

They both went quiet and I let out a dry chuckle, "so much for family."

"Shay don't do this with me today," my mom snapped, "you know your brother is always welcomed here. It's him who doesn't bother to show up!"

"You ever wonder why?"

"Shay, stop. Ma's already stressed enough," East said coming to her defence.

I put down the cutlery walking away and back to the living room where everyone was.

The door bell soft chimes went off and I announced that I'd get it.

Walking up to the door I checked myself in the mirror. I was wearing a simple white button up, my top button was open and my sleeves were up to my elbows showcasing my finished sleeve.