three

Character List.

Nadiya Green

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Shaheed Moriah Reid

Third Person's Perspective

Nadiya sat court side with her legs crossed and her eyes wide. She watched as the teams warmed up. It was the Lakers against the Clippers. Both teams from LA.

Shay had been watching Nadiya since they sat down. His legs sprawled out without a care in the world, he couldn't seem to rip his eyes off her.

"I didn't buy these tickets for you to watch yo girlfriend." Corey whispered to his son jokingly, but at the same time dead serious.

Shay snapped out of his mini trance and turned to his father. He was embarrassed and didn't say anything. He turned to Nadiya who still wasn't looking at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wasn't trying to set you up." he explained.

Nadiya sighed, "why does LA have two teams?" she questioned.

Shay put his head down doubtfully as she ignored him. "I guess LA is just big enough to support two teams. We are in the second biggest city in the country."

Nadiya nodded understanding, "and which team do we want to win again?"

Shay gave her a look and drew his eyes down to his attire.

"Lakers it is." Nadiya concluded.

She leaned forward to get a better view of what was going on. Even though the game hasn't started yet, everywhere she looked, there seemed to be something going on. It was all so busy. Not to mention she felt a bit like royalty, even though she highly doubted it in her heart, she thought maybe people were looking at her.

"Isn't this better then watching on a screen?" Shay said leaning forward himself.

Nadiya turned her head to him and shortly nodded. "Thank you for inviting me."

Shay grinned, he couldn't believe those words were coming from Nadiya's mouth. He realized they seemed to be on good terms again, meaning he couldn't mess this up.