( 004 ) four!

based off the taylor swift song 'how you get the girl'

stand there like a ghost
shaking from the rain
she'll open up the door
and say 'are you insane'

it's a friday night and y/n's parents are out with friends, leaving her alone for a few hours. it's raining really hard outside, and y/n is curled up on the couch watching her favorite movie on netflix and snacking on popcorn. she's worried for her parents whenever she looks out the window and sees the rain pouring down.

the doorbell rings, echoing through her house. she jumped at the sudden noise and sighs. she quickly pauses her movie and leaves her warm fort of blankets to answer the door. y/n couldn't understand why anyone would be out on a night like this.

she opens the door and sees her ex-boyfriend, finn, standing there. "are you insane?" she exclaims, taking in his shaking figure.

say it's been a long six months
and you were too afraid
to tell her what you want
and that's how it works
that's how you get the girl

"hey," finn smiles weakly. "c-can i come in?" y/n unceremoniously opened the door wider for him. he wiped his feet and hung up his jacket as she closed the door.

"why are you here?" she spits out, her heart aching for the first time in ages. she'd gotten over their break up four months ago.

"it's been six months, y/n. a long six months," the boy begins. he follows her as she walks into the kitchen.

"no shit, sherlock," y/n snaps, as she feels her old feelings for him resurface. she grew angry at herself for feeling this way when she swore that she was over him and she grew angry at finn for everything.

"and i broke up with you because i was afraid," finn continues.

"of what?"

"i was afraid to tell you what i really wanted. everyone thought we should date because we were popular. no one cared if we really liked each other. i wanted to be a real couple, one that dated because we were in love whether we knew it or not. i just didn't think you wanted it."

y/n scoffs. "you're six months too late." finn looked pained, as if this wasn't how he pictured the conversation going. "finn, you broke my heart. nothing and no one, not even you, can fix that."

and then you say
i want you for worse or for better
i would wait forever and ever
broke your heart out
put it back together
i would wait forever and ever
and that's how it works
that's how you get the girl

"y/n, give me another chance!" the messy haired boy pleaded. "i want you for worse or for better! i want you forever and ever. i know, i messed up, i broke your heart out, but i can put it back together if you just give me a chance." y/n bit her lip, thinking it over.

"finnie...i don't know. no, i do know and my answer is no." she called him by his nickname without realizing it. finn tried not to get his hopes up at that.

"then let me convince you," he suggested. "i'll wait for you, no matter how long."

y/n looked unimpressed. "you get one week."

y/n gave no extra thought about finn, but he spent every waking moment thinking about how to win her back.

that monday, he filled her locker with her favorite flower, having memorized her locker combination. y/n's friends gushed over her secret admirer, but y/n didn't care. she gave the flowers to girls in her class, and each of them looked grateful.

things like that went on for the rest of the week. friday morning, y/n spoke to finn. it was only one sentence, just to say that it was his last day, but it was the first thing she'd said to him since the friday before. y/n could feel herself forgiving him, but she wanted to see what he would do on the last day.

remind her how it used to be
with pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks
tell her how you must've lost your mind
when you left her all alone and never told her why
and that's how it works
that's how you get the girl

when y/n opened her locker, there was no candy, no flowers, no lavish gifts, like the necklace she'd received on wednesday (she kept that one). there was just a picture in a frame. finn was kissing her cheek and y/n looked like the happiest girl in the world. she remembered that day clearly. it was a few weeks after they started dating. them and their friends went to a skate park. maddie was the one to take the picture.

y/n smiled, and lightly touched it. she left it there, the idea of throwing it out never crossing her mind. y/n didn't see finn after informing him of the date, which sucked because y/n planned on giving him a positive answer.

that night, y/n's father surprised her mother with a weekend getaway for her birthday. y/n was home alone again. a knock sounded. the teenage girl jumped up to answer, just like she had the week before. it was finn. y/n opened her mouth to speak, but finn stopped her.

"before you say no, let me speak. i fucked up when i lost you. i was crazy and leaving you all alone was probably the stupidest thing i've ever done. i'm sorry. if you don't want me back, i understand, i just-" y/n cuts him off by pressing her lips to his.

he kissed back hungrily. "i forgive you, i forgive you, i forgive you," she whispers against his mouth. they break apart. finn's smile would've put the sun to shame. he kissed the girl again.

"will you be my girlfriend again?" he asks. y/n laughs, throwing her head back.

"yes, of course!" they hug and she drags her boyfriend into her house. "come cuddle with me, baby."

finn held the love of his life's hand and joined her on the couch. "anything for you, love."

i suck at endings lmao bYe
aLso i couldn't get the song smh but go listen to it, issa bOp