( 026 ) twenty-six!

the bottle turned in a few circles before slowing down. the neck of the bottle pointed towards the person y/n least wanted to kiss. finn smirked, and y/n's heart dropped.

"stop staring at each other and kiss already!" wyatt yelled at the two. tears pricked at y/n's eyes and her and finn's lips collided softly. she missed his touch and she leaned into him, remembering how he used to hold her.

reluctantly, y/n pulled away, having forgotten the game they were playing. a tear rolled down y/n's cheek as she looked into the brown eyes of the boy who had broken her. their faces were inches away from each other, and could feel each others unsteady breaths on their faces. "i hate you," y/n whispered, more tears filling her eyes. a lump formed in her throat. all the sounds around them had faded to silence, and for a moment, it was just the two of them. "i hate you so much."

"you don't hate me," finn confirmed. he hoped it wasn't true, and his heart tore in two at the thought that she despised him after he broke her heart.

"i should," y/n lightly sobbed. "i should hate you." she pushed herself up off the floor and rushed out of the room. the other teenagers sitting in a circle stared at finn, who cursed under his breath and hurried to catch up to y/n. he burst out the door and turned a corner, seeing y/n at the end of the hall. she jiggled the door knob of a door that led to the bathroom, then slid down the wall and buried her head in her hands.

"y/n?" finn said hesitantly, approaching the weeping girl. y/n hurriedly wiped her eyes on her sleeve and sniffed loudly.

"go away, finn," she said crossly, positioning herself away from him. finn took a seat next to her anyways.

"what's wrong?" he asked, immediately regretting the words. he knew exactly what was wrong.

y/n laughed a bitter laugh. "let's see, first i was dragged to a stupid party that i didn't even want to go to! next i was shoved into a circle and forced to play a kissing game and who should i get but the one person who cruelly took my heart and stomped on it. now i'm wanting some privacy, but the bathroom is occupied, most likely someone is smoking in there and now i'm pouring out my feelings to a guy who won't care at all and it definitely will not surprise me when he scoffs and walks away." y/n had turned back to finn and she looked at him with a furious glint in her eyes.

"i'm really sorry," the boy began, reaching for his ex-girlfriend's hand. she pulled away and rubbed her arms, as though she felt a cool breeze. 

"please don't touch me," she muttered. finn's heart shattered, as he realized that there was no way he could ever convince her to take him back. he made a dumb mistake by breaking up with her in one of the worst ways ever (over text? really??), and he really missed her. but y/n was too broken to let him back in, and he knew that it would be a while before she was alright. finn slowly nodded and backed away. y/n's crying intensified as finn walked away and with each step, he grew as broken as the girl he was leaving behind.

--

hi guys im so so so soooo sorry for abandoning yall sjkhfh. i kinda got in trouble again w my mom but things are gonna get better soon. i started writing my calpurnia imagines book, so once i type up the secind chapter and get a cover, i'll publish it. i also have a finn short story to be published soon so be on the look out for that, i'll write on my message board when it goes up. i lobve you guys, thanks for reading!!