( 028 ) twenty-eight! { m. wheeler }

you had a problem. you liked mike wheeler. you'd be alone in your room, doing work or something, and you'd think of your friend whom you really liked in more than a friend and our heart would swell. your heart ached whenever he did something unintentionally cute. but, damn, was that boy oblivious! you decided that you had to be the one to step up, and make the first moves.

the first time you did something was over christmas break. you were hanging out, just the two of you, seeing as y'all were besties for the resties. you guys were walking around town. you weren't cold but you shivered anyway. "my hands are cold," you commented. "can you hold them to warm 'em up?" mike turned pink, but he obliged and he held your held until you entered a warm building. 

the second time you did something was two days before february 14th. valentine's day was coming up and mike insisted that he get you a present since you claimed to have bought him a present. you hadn't really, but his reaction was funny. he brought you along because he wasn't sure what you would want exactly. the deal was that you pick out your gift, he buys it, and you pretend to be surprised. the store was filled with more people than originally anticipated, so you went for it. "mike, hold my hand, or i'll get lost in this crowd." once more, his cheeks darkened, but he grabbed your hand and held on tightly. your heart fluttered and you couldn't believe that this had worked for the second time. then you made a mental note to come back by yourself to actually get him a gift.

the next few times were you grabbing his hands, making comments about something. "oh my gosh, mike! your hands are so smooth! what lotion do you use?" 

"oh, uh, i-i don't use lotion actually," he stammers and you suppress a smile at how cute he is when he's flustered. another time, during the summer, you and the rest of the party went to see a horror movie. you sat yourself next to mike, and tried to focus on the movie. it wasn't that scary to you, it looked fake and it was a total joke, but mike didn't need to know you felt like that. at one attempted jump scare, you pretended to jump and clutched mike's hand. feeling braver, you buried your face in his shoulder. he stiffened slightly, and you were scared that you overstepped, but then he relaxed and wrapped an arm around you. 

his birthday rolled around, and you were the first to call to wish him a happy birthday, with a promise to give him the best present of his life. you had everything planned: you spent a lot of your allowance on a watch he'd been eyeing for a while now, and you made sure that no one got it for him. you had your mom help you make a cake. your flirting skills had increased, and you'd begun to compliment him every chance you got. no matter how much you 'jokingly' called him cute, he still didn't seem to realize how much you cared for him. 

halloween rolled around, and you convinced mike to do a couples costume with him. you went as good girl sandy olsson and mike was your danny zuko. "mike, we should hold hands all night to really look the the part." mike had somewhat gotten used to your flirty comments, but he still flushed whenever you asked to hold his hand. he held your hand all night, and it was one of the best nights of your life.

halloween, however, did not compare to the day after christmas. mike was admiring the present you had made for him, a book of your friendship and the years you had spent with him. he had liked you for so long, and he loved your thoughtfulness and how you always seemed to get everyone everything they wanted. he thought back to all the times you requested to hold his hand, and all the comments that made him a stuttering mess. immediately, he grabbed his walkie talkie and contacted lucas. without so much as a greeting, mike blurted, "i think y/n's been flirting with me."

"she has been for a year, so good job, sherlock."

"w-what?" mike was in shock; a whole year? he totally could've asked her out. curse his obliviousness. 

"yeah," lucas continues. "she's liked you for so long, but your stupid ass doesn't realize shit, so she took matters into her own hands."

"you're kidding."

"why the hell would i joke about this? go get your girl! over and out." the line went dead, and mike sat frozen for a minutes. lucas' words sank in an he hurriedly dialed your number. 

"hello, y/l/n residence." your beautiful voice was music to mike's ears.

"y/n! it's me, mike."

"hey, mike, what's up?" 

"uh, so i really like you, and i heard that you liked me. uh, at least i think you do. you've been flirting with me this whole time, right? cause if not-"

"mike!" you cut him off, laughing. "yes, i will go out with you. and yes, i was flirting and yes, i like you too." mike heaved a sigh of relief. "i've got to go, my mom is calling me to the dinner table. i'll call you later, okay?"

"okay, bye." he hung up and unconsciously smiled. he liked you so much and he would now get to hold your hand whenever he wanted, and you wouldnt even have to ask.

--

uh i think this is my only happy mike imagine whats up w that

also i love this so much even tho i literally just wrote it its so cute thank u tumblr for the inspiration