( 024 ) twenty-four! { m. wheeler }

requested by -belcaliz thank you!!

mike wheeler hated you, and you didn't know why. you had been dustin's best friend before he moved to hawkins, and joined the party, which consisted of lucas sinclair, will byers, and mike wheeler. he immediately hated you ever since you moved to hawkins shortly after, but you didn't know what you had done to make him so angry.

dustin had invited you over to his house for a sleepover, which you immediately agreed to. sleepovers with dustin were amazing! the previous sleepovers you'd had with him were memories you hoped you would never forget.

you showed up to dustin's house, your bag packed with clothes, your toothbrush, and a few other necessities. his mom greeted you rather excitedly at the door and informed you that boys were in the basement.

"the boys?" you asked, somewhat nervously.

"yes! dusty's other friends are here! mike and lucas and will! oh i just love that dusty has great friends!" you smiled weakly and thanked her, making your way to the basement.

sure enough, dustin was sitting in a circle with mike, lucas, and will. mike was next to dustin and on your best friend's other side was lucas. "hi guys," you said when you entered the room. you saw mike roll his eyes and your cheeks flushed. dustin, on the other hand, lit up like a christmas tree and made a space next to himself for you.

"hey, n/n!" he gushed. "glad you could make it."

you smiled at him and set your stuff down next to other's. lucas and will greeted you, making you feel welcome, except for mike. you only just now realized that dustin had seated you in between him and the one person who hated you the most. he scoffed lightly as you sat next to him, then grumbled when lucas hit his leg.

"ow!" he hissed. "what the hell was that for?" lucas only gave him a look and mike mumbled to himself under his breath. in the middle of the circle was a bunch of snacks that looked like a tornado had swept through.

you laughed. "wow guys, that's totally the way to clean up after yourselves!"

"was that supposed to be funny?" mike's scathing voice seemed to echo around the room.

"dude, what the shit is your problem?" dustin defended you.

"yeah, you were fine until y/n showed up," lucas put in.

will just gave mike a look and mike grew angry. "why do you always take her side? she's an idiot! she's so stupid and clingy and you guys all like her for some reason!" tears pricked at your eyes and you muttered 'excuse me' to dustin before running and locking yourself in the bathroom.

your friends watched you go. mike looked somewhat ashamed. "jesus, mike!" will burst out. everyone stared; will wasn't one for an outburst. "what the fuck was that for?" more staring-will hardly ever cursed. "she came to have fun and you're being a dick!"

mike blinked and shrugged. "all right, i'll lay off. do i need to go and get her, too?"

"i think you've done enough." will's voice was cold as he stood and walked up the stairs. he stopped outside the bathroom and knocked on the door.