Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 6 [boyxboy]

Chapter 6

"Bahahaha you have to go to school suckers," I mumble when I hear Alexandra and Cornelia come into my room.

"So? We don't have as much homework as you," they say, smirking. I cuss them out thoroughly before they leave the room.

"You're not just gonna stay in bed the whole day, are you?" Mom sticks her head in my room with a solicitous expression.

"Yes," I reply and shove my head under my pillow so she can't see me.

"Do you want to go dye your hair or something?" She asks. I whip my head out.

"What?" mom never liked the thought of dying hair why would she now? *twitch face*

"I said do you want to go get your hair dyed? You've been asking since third grade, so I thought about it and I think you can. Just don't dye anywhere touching your actual head, do the ends. And on one condition," she says.

"Yes, yes, yes?" my eyes are bulging with euphoria. "What's the condition?"

"Keep your pants on, Will. You can't get a pink streak. That's all. I can accept you being gay but I can't accept you with blonde and pink hair at the same time. That's too much," Mom laughs.

"Okay! Here I go!" I rush about the room looking for good clothes to wear.

"Oh wait, Will?" Mom calls.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You're dying it yourself."

"No problemo!" I say and continue searching for my favorite sweatshirt that I haven't seen in ages.

"Aha, found it," I whisper like a secret spy agent when I see the familiar gray cotton material.

"I'VE GOT YOU NOW, HOODIE!" I scream, and I hear my mom crash into something downstairs.

"Don't scare me like that, Will!" she yells, her voice ringing loudly against my precious ears.

"Sorry!" I slip on the hoodie and some baggy jeans.

Yes, as a gay, I am capable of wearing jeans that aren't skinny. They get seriously uncomfortable sometimes! I take eyeliner as usual, but since I'm in a rush this time, I only line my lids thickly.

"Mwa, you look so sexy," I say to myself in the mirror then go downstairs to get my phone. Emery is the very person I want to call right now.

"Hi, it's Emery. I can't pick up the phone right now, so sorry! Please leave a message! Thanks, bubba! Bye!" Emery's recorded voice sounded. I waited for the anticipated beep.

Beeeeep!

"Hi Emery! My mommy is taking me to Longs Drugs to buy some hair dye! I'm not sure what I should dye it yet but I've got some ideas! No exotic colors! That's just too much! And I like my pale hair, so maybe some contrast should do it! Talk to ya later! Bye! Oh and I hope you're having a good time with Annabelle!" I cackle at the last sentence and end the message.

"Are you ready yet?" My mom asks. I think she's in the backyard and talking to me through the window.

"Yeah! Just a sec!" I yell. I grab a beanie and tug it onto my head, making sure my bangs are spazzing out perfectly underneath the edge.

"Gosh you take forever," my mom remarks blithely. I smile and hop in the backseat.

Most teenagers like the front. I have no idea why but most of the people I used to be friends with always liked the front seat.

I don't. I like the backseat. Nice and comfortable and you can see just about everything! You can lie across the entire back seat if there's no one next to you. That's a plus because obviously, you can't do that with the front chair.