Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 24 [boyxboy]

Chapter 24

The water folds in on me as my body sinks below the surface of the water. My hand reaches up but the eel’s already wrapped itself around my body.

“Will,” I think silently, and stop struggling against the eel. It is too hard now, everything is getting too blurry. I see the girl move away from the lake, presumably walking away and leaving me to drown.

What the hell? Since when do vampires drown? This is a flimsy lake, not even an ocean!

But there’s just something about this lake that makes you want to go downward, and never come back up again.

So how am I gonna get up with the eel holding on so tightly to me?

Will, where are you?

WILL POV

“Are you Will?” a girl walks up to me, adjusting her thick, black glasses. She has an Asian face but it seems as if her eyes are abnormally large and green, but her fake eyelashes are so long they’re covering half of her lids.

“Uh, yes, why?” I ask curiously, staring at her. “Who are you?”

“Oh, I’m no one. But I heard your boyfriend was in trouble, he’s at a lake or something and someone pushed him in.”

“Pushed him in? Is he okay?!” I put a hand to my mouth in surprise. The closest lake is 50 miles away from this town; what is Khyber doing around there? There are rumors about the lake being haunted with the souls of all the people who drowned in it. If they were true, then Khyber would easily be unable to get back out of the water even with him being a vampire. He could live down in the water since he was immortal but it would take ages for him to come back up.

“Wait, how do you know anything happened to him? Who told you?”

“I don’t know, I just received a strange text message and the sender told me to go and tell someone, so I assumed that I should tell you since you’re Khyber’s boyfriend! And I’m afraid he’s not going to be okay if you don’t go rescue him!” the girl sighed, “It’s so sad. I can’t do anything because my mom won’t give me a ride and I have no money and go over there and help out. Hurry over there!”

“Okay,” I start running back home. Mom can give me a ride and she drives like a G6.

“Mom, mom!” I scream once I run down the front door. “Where are you?”

“What?” she says, annoyed, coming down from the stairs. “Who bothered you this time?”

“No, I need a ride to the haunted lake place, Khyber’s drowning there!”

“Oh my goodness,” my mom gasps and scoops her car keys up from the dining table, “Let’s go, go, go!”

She takes the Mini Cooper and backs it way too fast out of the driveway, and speeds down the road to the highway.

“Why would he be there, even?” she asks once we’re driving at a steady 80 miles per hour. I shrug.

“I don’t know. This random Asian girl told me.”

“Do you know her?”

“No, but she had huge green eyes and thick, black glasses. Her hair was in a bob haircut,” I say, trying to describe the strange girl in as much detail as I possibly can.

“Sounds like the witch in the neighborhood watch,” my mom says, “Why did you trust her? She could be lying to you and aiming to do something to Khyber while he’s perfectly fine and you’re gone all the way over to Springfield searching for his body in the haunted lake. Doesn’t it sound just a little suspicious to you?”