Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 23 [boyxboy]

Chapter 23

No! No! He could not have failed! How is this fucking possible? Why is my soul still here, then? What's my body doing?

I expected to come back to the hospital and go back in my body, but what do I do now? I'm a lost soul and I can't do anything about it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go study demon children. Once you leave a body, you can only re-enter it if the heart in it is still beating. And you can't enter it if some other soul has taken possession, but that is unlikely, since no soul would want to go in a dead body, that would be suicide.

"No, William, keep trying, doctor! I beg you!" my mother pleads with the doctor, but he just shakes his head and takes his mask off his nose and mouth.

"There's nothing to be done. He lost way too much blood, and the heart is built very strange, it's different from most people we've seen. Your son's veins were located in different places, we are very sorry we could not save him in time," the doctor apologizes, rubbing his temple in frustration. "I'm so sorry."

"I don't care!" my mother screamed, "I just want my William back!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am but you have to leave now, the body will go home with you in just a moment," the nurse says curtly, and lightly shoves my mom out of the room. I stare in horror as my body is covered once again with a sheet, only it's white this time, to show that they're covering a dead body.

How can this be possible, I think to myself as I watch the doctors pull my body out of the room on a rolly cart thingy. [very unprofessional usage of words, I know. Don't complain.]

Both of my parents are standing in the hallway, with my father comforting my mother as she sobs heartwrenching sobs.

My father has always been handsome, but it finally hits me just how handsome he is. It's weird, because on the day of my supposed death, his attractiveness makes me think of Will.

And how I am destined to be with Will, because my name contains his name in it.

Isn't that an obvious sign?

[A/N: I love how I make William the most screwed up person ever.]

KHYBER POV

I growl when I see the assistant principal walking out of the office.

"Where's your hall pass, Graham," he asks, rolling his eyes and knowing perfectly well that I most likely don't have a hall pass and he can't do anything about it.

"Err, I left it in the bathroom," I say, smiling to show how sincere I am (not). He raises an eyebrow.

"Wow, you actually have an excuse this time, Khyber. Go get it and show it to me."

"Nahh, I'm too lazy. You know I don't have a pass, John."

"So disrespectful," he shook his head, tsking at my rebelliousness.

"I know. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You do know that I don't give you punishment because you're a hopeless cause? I hope that one day, I'll meet you in the future by accident, and you'll be a completely different person. I don't believe in giving detention anyways, but the next time I see you skip, you get two months for all those days that you skipped."

"I only skipped twice this year," I say, pouting.

"That's just your punishment."

"Fine. I won't ditch after this."

"Good. I would hate to have to sit with you after school for an hour, doing nothing useful."

"That's not nice to say to a student, John."