Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 20 [boyxboy]

Chapter 20

KHYBER'S POV

I don't see Will anywhere at school. Is he sick? What happened? He's not picking his phone up either, which bothers me, since he almost always picks up his phone.

Maybe he's just late.

Or dead.

Hey! Don't think that, Khyber! Besides, he's already dead, he can't be anymore dead than he is right now...sort of.

Stop thinking these thoughts, Khyber. Get a hold of yourself. You're so clingy, I bet Will already got tired of you.

"He can't get tired of me!" I wail, becoming more and more depressed. Everyone gives me strange looks as they pass by me and hear my weird whine.

"I'm so worried," I mutter to myself as I avoid hitting a small, clumsy junior. "Where is he right now? His parents shouldn't be the abusive type, he doesn't look like he ever has any injuries......"

"I'm going to find him," I say in determination, and slip my cell phone from out of my jeans pocket. I call Will and wait for him to pick up, hopefully he will, unlike the other times I have called him.

"Hello?" a female voice asks. I jump to conclusions to fast, and amidst all my panicking, my answer is, "Who are you!?"

"Hey, I think I should be asking who are you, but since you asked first, I'm Will's sister, Alexandra. He's taking a hot shower right now. Sorry I couldn't pick up for him the other times you called, I was doing homework and other shit," the same female voice replies. Now that I thought about it, her voice does sound a little similar to Will's, but was much more feminine.

"Is he okay?" I ask worriedly.

"He's fine. But, I think it would be better if you came to visit him, he would appreciate it. After all, you are his boyfriend, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Well, a guy wouldn't be calling several times unless he was intimately close with Will. Nobody ever calls Will that much unless it's Emery, and Emery's in China."

I ask, "Why's Emery in China?" emphasizing the China part. Emery's not even Asian, or is he?

"Dunno," is Alexandra's simple reply, and I shrug to myself, noting that I should ask the sophomore about it later.

"Hey, you do want to talk to Will, right? He's getting out of the shower now..." Alexandra trails off, and I hear the opening of a door.

"Alexandra, who are you calling with my phone?" a tired voice complains grouchily, and Alexandra makes a hissing noise. Will sounds tired, old even.

"It's your boyfriend," I hear Alexandra tell her older brother, and he makes a pffting noise of disbelief.

"You don't even know who the hell my boyfriend is," he tells her matter of factly, but in the silence that comes afterward, I assume Alexandra has passed the cell phone to him.

"Khyber? Why'd you call me?" Will's tired voice sounds so hoarse, not smooth when he's in a good mood. "Are you in school? Don't skip classes, it's not good for you!"

"I'm skipping a class, so don't freak. I don't need to attend the classes anyway, remember? I'm a...yeah, you know," I restrain myself from saying that I'm a vampire because a couple of girls pass by me at the moment.

"Uh huh, right, totally. Doesn't mean you can be all bad by skipping school, I don't approve of it. Although I will be perfectly fine with it if you come to visit me," Will says cheekily, and I shake my head knowingly. I already knew he was going to ask that small simple favor of me, and even if he hadn't I would still be rushing to his house.