Chapter Two

Nico

I knew it was a bad idea when I saw Percy at the table with everyone else. So I sat alone. It's not like I haven't done it before.

I felt bad. But I saw his expression when he saw me coming. The expression everyone else gives me. Like he's afraid of me.

Yeah.

That kind of hurt.

As expected, the others kind of took Percy's side. Leo was indifferent, he didn't care. Jason probably talked to him about it, I imagine. Then Jason. He didn't side with anyone, either. He thought it was both of our faults, and it was.

I just don't know how to talk to him without him like getting scared. They wouldn't let me near him.

Of course, Percy did have to leave, though. We didn't have a goodbye. He looked over, looked down, and that was it.

I wanted to see him a letter. To apologize. But I didn't know what to say.

So it never happened.

___________

Percy

I think the only good thing that came out of our fight was that my parents put me into therapy.

The next summer came around and we talked with Chiron so I was excused twice a week for therapy for like 3 hours.

And I saw Nico at lunch after I go to camp and I... I mean, on one hand, I felt bad. He was back to no friends and being pretty miserable. But on the other hand, if he gets mad at me, I have another panic attack and I don't know how to explain it to anyone here that I have problems because I was abused as a kid. My mom doesn't know.

Much less anyone here.

"I feel bad sometimes," Grover said and everyone looked at him like 'how dare you say that'. "I mean, he doesn't have friends and like yeah."

"He deserved it," Piper was probably the most against Nico. I know Jason and Leo really don't care. Grover and Annabeth stay by me, but I mean, we all sympathize with Nico because at one time we we're all him. Not that long ago. "If he feels bad, he can apologize. That's the least he can do."

No one really said anything. And it was just kind of weird without him there. Some days Jason or Leo would go sit with him.

I was in my cabin, it was after campfire, and I left earlier than normal. I could feel an anxiety attack coming and I just needed to get out of the crowd.

Suddenly somebody knocked, and Grover came in.

"Hey," he said, sitting down next to me. Rubbed my back a little. "You okay? You normally stay to the end."

"Yeah," I assured him, nodding my head. "I just... There was a lot of people and my anxiety and yeah. I just need to breathe. Is that the only reason you're here?"

"Not really, but I was a little worried." My best friend told me. "Uh... I know you don't like to hear about him, but he might show up tonight because Chiron knows you guys do get along so you won't do anything."

"What?"

Grover sighed.

"Jason said something, and Nico got mad." Grover explained the situation. "I heard your name, I thought it was about apologizing. But I don't know what was actually said. Nico told him to shut up, they were in public. People didn't need to know."

This is ending well. There's no option. It won't end well.

"Hazel asked what they were talking about because Hazel doesn't know anything and it's her brother," Grover told me, and I just held my breathe. "So Nico goes to say it's nothing. But Jason cuts him short and says that Nico doesn't want people knowing he's gay. In front of Nico."