Chapter Eight

Lee

I don't fucking know, okay? All I know is that somebody showed up and told me to get out there and get my ass to Camp Half-Blood. I didn't complain, at least Percus here.

Gods, I missed him. The most recent in Elysium, just a random girl, told us that Percy had been doing fine. Him and Annabeth 'broke up' (bullshit, they're both gay), and they've been fine. That was last summer.

In recent news, Nico's dead. But he hasn't been judged yet.

When I heard the news, I knew I was walking back to Percy just being crushed because he loved that kid so much. He didn't know how he loved him, if it was like a brother or not. But this would crush him.

So when I got to Camp Half-Blood, I ignored all of my siblings and hauled ass to Cabin 3.

Percy was on his bed. Shaking. His face was stained with tears. His eyes were bloodshot. The bags showed that he hadn't slept in at least a day. Probably 2 or better. His arms were full of scratches and some.barely scabbed over wounds. Based on his clothes that would have fit him, he's lost 15 pounds easily. Which means he's either not eating or not digesting.

Basically, he's a fucking mess.

When he saw me he didn't believe it. He insisted I was a Hermes kid mocking him. And then he said something.

"As if in not already suicidal." Percy remarked. "you're just giving me another reason. At least he's down there."

That scared me beyond death.

Yes, Percy had problems when we were together. Stuff happened to him as a kid and he never really took care of it because camp got in the way.

I didn't think he'd just let himself go like this when I died. I mean, Nico's death is bringing it out.

But what happened when I died?

It took 45 minutes to convince him that it was really me and that I'm not dead and I'm worried beyond belief right now.

I asked him what happened. Outside of Nico, of course.

"What happened?" Percy said like he thought he might be going crazy. "I don't know what hasn't happened, Lee. I lost my memory and went missing for like six months because Hera's a fucking bitch and can't just do things nicely. There's a Roman camp. In California. I'm pretty sure they hate us. You know, most everyone is dead. There was another fucking war. They thought it'd be fun to shove me and a handicap Annabeth into Tartarus because why the fuck not? It's not like I was still grieving and it's not like she still was, too. Everyone fucking hates me now. Like..."

Percy stopped himself for a second, knowing his dad could be watching. But it's Percy, he doesn't give a shit.

"The only good thing that's happened since you died, Lee, is that I cleared the air with Nico. But I mean he's dead, so that doesn't matter anymore." Percy goes on. "Like I wish I was joking. I went to therapy, it helped, my mom found out that I'm not straight, and she kicked me out. She was paying for it, I can't go. And like Nico helped a little because Grover checked out of our friendship after my mom said fuck you. But again, he's dead. I think it's been like 4 days since I've left my cabin. I just don't have the desire to leave to do stuff. Like it..."

He choked on his words, and I pulled him into an embrace. Kind of like a hug. But I just held him. He wrapped his arms around me like it meant his life or death.

"I missed you," Percy told me, sounding like a few tears we're spilling. "I missed you so fucking much. These last two years have been hell."

"I know," I responded, knowing not to make this about me. "I missed you, too. I'm glad you're still here."