Chapter Six

Leo

I was doing better after about a week, and shit started happening with Grover and myself. Like, Percy's gone a lot for therapy​ and Nico doesn't really have activities with us..

So shit happened. It started like you know, last week. After Jason left my cabin I was fine for like and then I just needed someone there so I called Grover and a lot happened.

After a week, we figured that Percy and Nico deserved to know and find out before Percy went and stayed with his parents for the fourth like he does every year apparently. He leaves today sometime.

To be fair, we didn't warn them we we're coming. We we're half expecting them to be asleep. In you know, separate rooms. Because they're friends and Percy's straight.

No. Just no.

We got in and heard them from Percy's room. And they didn't see us. But we saw them. And we heard them.

"Nico," Percy said, stretching out the end of his name as Nico was standing behind him, like hugging him or something. "come on, I have to pack or I'll never get to Montauk. Don't you still have to pack?"

"I packed last night," Nico told him, "like you should've. I do have to put a sweater on, though. You're not warm enough."

"I'm not wearing a shirt," Percy pointed out to him as he threw some outfits in a small suitcase. "You should grab me one."

Nico grabbed him a shirt. Went to give it to him, and then pulled it away from him and gave him and kiss and like... it was really cute.

When did it happen, though?

Figuring we didn't want to like disrupt that, we left and just knocked on the outside door. All four of us are going to Montauk. So there was an excuse outside of the fact that Grover and I are sort of a thing. We did have our stuff with us.

"Hey, guys!" Percy said when he answered the door. He let us in. "We're almost ready, I have to pack a few things and we can head out. Eat breakfast on the way. It's like a 2 hours drive, a little more than that."

So we sat on the couch. Anxious. Because now that we're here, we don't know what to tell them. Hey, sorry we didn't tell you, but we kind of fucked and we're at thing.

Like, you don't say that.

_______________

Percy

I don't know how I'm going to manage not having the others in our about Nico and I. Especially with my mom and Paul. My mom isn't overly homophobic for what I know, but at the same time, I don't know.

Paul is chill. He's told me about boyfriend's and girlfriends he had when he was younger. He's bi.

It's stressful, okay?

But we stopped for breakfast and it was a little slow. We got it to go. So Nico and Leo we're still inside, waiting for their food. And Grover looked a little unnerved. Something had him on edge.

"You okay, man?" I asked him, looking back at him. Normally Grover would be in the front with me being he's older, but Leo insisted Nico sit up. "You seem a bit on edge. Monster vibes or...?"

"No, monsters have been pretty low since last summer." Grover told me. "Um... I have to tell you something, Percy."

Shit.

Because my mind went straight to the whole me trusting him and he knows about Nico and I deal.

"Okay," I said, turning around to face him. "What's up? It's been a weird summer."