Chapter 2

Oniichan held my hand as we watched the festival. This was going to be fun! "Hey would you like to go to the noodle shop?" he asked. "Sure!" I smiled happily pulling him. We soon got there and he got us some noodle bowls. After we ate he said that he had to go somewhere. "I will be right back don't leave that spot" he said. "Oniichan!" I call and he turns back to me. "Where are you going?" I ask with sad eyes. "To check something, I promise I'll be right back" he promised before turning away and walking. Sighing I turned and layed my head on my arms and sat there. Soon it was getting to be 12:00 and Oniichan hasn't come back yet so I got up and walked away from the noodle shop.

I ran into someone that was about Satoshi's age. "S-sorry" I say quickly as the person helped me up. "That's ok! Hey your Mochida's sister right?" the girl asked. "Y-yes" I hesitate and then she says something that makes me happy. "I'm Rei, Satoshi's friend" she smiled to me. "Yuka" I reply giving her a hesitated smile. "Well have you seen Mochida?" she asked sweetly. "Yes, he said he would be right back but it's been about ten minutes..." I reply sadly. "Oh, why would he leave you alone? Someone could snatch a pretty little girl like you" Rei smiled. "Well, I am not sure really," I admit. "If I had a Imouto-San (little sister) I wouldn't leave her all by herself" she laughed.

I started to giggle a little before I saw my oniichan. "R-Rei!" he sounded surprised to see her. "Hello Satoshi!" she waved towards him. "What are you doing here?" he asked shocked. "Came to visit my mom and why would you leave little Yuka all alone!" she ordered. "I had to do something" he laughed awkwardly. "Well someone could have snatched her up and you wouldn't know" Rei explained rubbing my head. I brushed it back down with my hands and put my headband back in. "I wouldn't ever let that happen, I was only gone for a little while," he went on. "What exactly were you doing?" Rei questioned further making me feel weird. I was interested but it was none of my business to know what he was doing.

I heard someone call me quietly and I turned to see Eiko beckoning me with his hand. I backed slowly away from the two and hid in the bush with him. "W-what is it?" I say in a sweet tone shyly. "I wanted to know if you wanted to head out for a movie" he whispered. "Now?" I say blushing. "Of course, your brother left and went to Naomi's house with some flowers saying how sorry he was for the loss of Seiko, so why would he care if you came with me" Eiko explained. I froze then questioned myself, How did he know what Satoshi was doing? Why was he following him? "How do you know all this," I giggle quietly. He blushed and rubbed the back of his head with his right hand.

"He left you alone and I was originally going to ask then, but I was curious" he smiled still rubbing the back of his head. "Well I usually ask before I do this stuff. I am not sure Eiko" I admitted. I never liked sneaking out or lying I was known as my little girl looks and voice so I was trying to keep it that way. "Oh...come on Yuka, you only live once right?" he insisted more. (YOLO am I right? XD) I stared at the ground for a moment then I felt so bad after shaking my head. "I-I am so sorry Eiko, I can't..." I sighed sadly and he nodded. "I totally understand, hey it's ok we can probably pick it up tomorrow if you want" he smiled. "That would be cool, after school?" I ask and he nods.

I walk back to the two and Satoshi looks at me. "Where were you?" he asked as he saw me blushing still. "No where" I lied then bit my lip, I really hate lying to him! Why do I keep doing it to him, he is my oniichan! "Yuka, why won't you tell me?" he asked as Rei stepped back and he knelt down. "I was just talking to my friend is all" I promise. That was true, I was talking to my friend so I wasn't lying. "That's all you had to say, don't lie ok? It's not good..." I saw his smirk turn into a frown. "Ok" I nod as he got up and we said goodbye to Rei. I promised myself I wouldn't lie to my oniichan anymore, he wouldn't judge me on what I choose to do unless it was bad...cause he is my big brother.