Ingrid Hansen // The Job

What things do you love about your job?

The rain touches my face as I gaze upon the dark cloud, rushing through the streets.

The purplebell corner is just ahead of this street, I just need to cross the road.

The rain doesn't really bothered me. Even though it is cold, my sweater protects me on feeling it through my skin.

I wonder if that guy is okay or where did he went. I mean, I feel something is wrong with him, not because I have thought that he is... you know, some kind of creep.

I really do feel something when I saw his deep-blue colored eyes, the hallow underneath of it says that he cried and mourn for something— or someone.

I really want to help but, I have a lot of things to do and he's just a stranger who I get bumped into. I get bumped to people a lot and we say sorry to each other, that's normal.

What I need to do now is to open this sweet little girl here- the purplebell corner.

She's actually closed. There's a lot of things to be done before 3 pm because customers will arrived at that time, but for now, I need to prepare everything, as usual.

Mr. Shawn and his family went on Malibu for a family vacation. He's a friend of my dad from Norway and Mr. Shawn have a huge and solid trust on me on handling this small business of theirs. He also trusted the key with me before leaving.

It's been three days now since they left and I admit it, it's hard to work alone for one week. It's difficult for me to do all the stuffs, shopping, managing, serving, taking orders, entertaining, and a lot of cool things.

I did all of those things in three days, four more to go. But for all of those sweat, I really do enjoy multi-tasking and it's worth it.

After unlocking the huge padlock on the roll up door, I finally pushed the front door and the smell from the inside invites me to start working.

"Here we go, girl." I smiled.

***

I did what Mr. Shawn want me to do. Do the things as usual. Actually, he's the one who check the storage room, buying those other ingredients while I do the cleaning, decorating, serving, and taking orders.

First, I clean up the whole place.
Second, I checked the storage room and the products and third, I started baking some muffins, cupcakes and sweets, had my lunch while waiting for it be done and then, I checked the equipments and the coffee machine, seems fine.

I finished all of those for over six hours and I look messy after baking, so I clean myself, brushed my hair and put it on a clean and formal bun. I grabbed my uniform, my favorite green apron and now, there's only one thing left to do- turn on the music, the chill ones.

"All things done!" I clapped my hand and sway with the music as I know to myself that I have done well.

The shop is now open and I'm really excited to perform my job, as usual.

The perfect ambience of the yellowish theme, the cute graffiti on the walls, the smell of the brewing coffee and the smooth sound of the music makes everything perfect.