Harry Fordé // Welcome to the Club

What makes you smile?-

Finally, it's a wrap. The photoshoot is over and we're now leaving the studio and you know what? I just want to raise my middle finger in the air and scream; I want to celebrate, with myself.

"Job well done there, Harry." Garry winked.

"Yeah, thanks. Can I have my vacation now?" I asked, wiping the sweat on my forehead.

"One month, and we'll be back at work." He laughed. That's not even funny. Actually, it pissed me off.

I sighed as a respond.

"Where are you going?" Garry asked, confusion was written all over his face.

"Don't you have your car?" He added— that actually pissed me more than I'm pissed right now.

"Oh? Haven't you heard the news, Mr. Manager? Huh?" I shrugged, sarcasm was heard with my voice.

"Okay, okay. Take a rest now kid, you can always have your flight anytime." Garry said.

"Yeah, thanks. Goodnight." I walked away, putting my hands on my pocket.

The gravity is pulling my body, making me want to take a rest and have some peaceful sleep.

But no, I know that's what I need but, I'll go on what I want- and that is going to a club, get drunk and try to be happy.

***

"Fuck this shit." I whispered.

It's so fucking boring here or maybe I'm just too early to be in a club. There's only seven person inside this club, that includes the bartender.

I was always been here in my single life but, I left when I had a girlfriend. I just decided to focus on my work, preparing for something big.

There's a lot of changer happened here. The counter was once a round, without corner but now, it have edges with neon lights and the shelf where drinks was placed is now lit also by neon lights. The chairs had their changes too, I guess it became more comfortable and fancy than the first one. There's this larger and wider booth or table for a large number of guests, it looks fun to sit there with your friends— but my friends, they are all busy with their lives, no time to hear my dramas after what they saw last night.

But, what catches my attention is this small stage where a DJ is supposed to play music, it was always been there but now, it's not DJ's stuffs but a keyboard... an organ... piano, that's it- that's what it is.

What? They're playing jazz now? It's boring you know. Some might say that it might be a man's weapon while flirting but, it's not my agenda, not right now.

I am sitting on the counter and I can see every corner of this place, empty tables everywhere.

The whole place was lit and peaceful, I guess that's what I need?

Some silence?

Some space?

A time for myself?

I scoffed, ignoring those thoughts in my head.

This is what she wanted. I'm single now, I don't settle on what I need, I go with what I want because, in my lonely days, these things- liquor, is the only powerful thing that will put a smile on my face.