Ingrid Hansen // The Job II

The bell clings, it immediately caught my attention. I peek into the counter and saw Joey with his hoodie, wearing a huge grin on his face as he approach me.

"There she is- the birthday girl!" He spread his arms and gave me a tight hug and I hugged him back.

"Happy birthday!" He greeted.

"Thank you very much!" I giggled as we performed our handshake.

"Still working on your special day, huh?" He sarcastically furrowed his eyebrow.

"Well, I need to. I don't quite have a choice and it's fine because—"

"You love doing your job, yes, I know but, you need to take a rest and celebrate with your fam." Joey sat on an unoccupied table.

I shrugged as a reply.

"Speaking of celebrating, Astrid want me to come with you and the band in a club tonight but, I'm really sorry because I can't come— sorry." Joey pouted, shaking his head like a small kid.

"Hahaha, I guess it's fine. It actually surprised me. I didn't know that they want me to go into a club. I'm not even prepared when they said it." I said.

"Yeah. It surprised me too, when they say that you're going to a club."

I raise an eyebrow as a respond.

"Okay, if you're mad, don't be, okay?" He let his hand brushed through his bleached-silver colored hair and laughed.

"I said it's fine, you little boy." I laughed.

Joey is two years younger than me, youngest from the band. We all came from Norway except for Joey, we met him here in California. He auditioned for us in our first performance from a small club and did very well. We're now friends for over a year now and this guy is really one of a kind.

"You said you have a gift for me?" I asked kindly.

"Oh?" He put his palm on his lips, eyes widened. "Shit, I forgot!" He laughed, shaking his head.

"That's fine, just give me my present tomorrow okay?" I nod, laughing at him.

"No, it's actually from the band- Christina, Pete, Tommy and I prepared for that present and you know that the three of them was kind of busy or whatever— oh, I know! We'll let Astrid and Tori present it to you later. I hope you'd like it."

"Whatever that is Joe, I'll wait." I jabbed him slightly on his arms.

"Well, you better order some coffee now?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, Señorita barista." He wiggled his eyebrow that made me laugh.

"Okay. Same order?"

"You know me!" He winked before taking his phone from his pocket and started playing his favorite mobile game.

I stare into every corner of the shop. I see customers talking to each other, wearing smiles on their faces, the others is just busy on their laptop, working on something then taking a sip from their cup of coffee then going back to work again. Those things does put a smile on my face...

I don't need to enumerate things that I love about my job, I love the job itself.