#GoldenHobiDay

20180218

To my brightest star, Jung Hoseok,

I wish you a most delightful birthday and a belated new year! 2018 is the year of the Golden Dog, isn't it? And I believe it is said that for those born in the year of the Golden Dog, great fortune awaits. So I'll make sure to keep both Namjoon and you in my prayers.

Hope, you are a person with many charms. Whether they're your dope and catchy rap verses, your mesmerizing dance, or maybe even your singing skills, you never fail to amaze us. Whenever you perform on stage, you pretty much radiate charisma (and swag, too) and it leaves us all in awe. You were born for stage. You also are a very talented songwriter who is able to channel his emotions and connect. When I first came to know the lyrics of MAMA, I was very much touched and moved by the sincerity and love in your words. I can only imagine how your mother must feel, knowing you have dedicated a song to her and expressed your gratitude and love in the most beautiful way possible.You and your sister have always been an iconic dyad -one an international superstar and the other a rising fashion designer. You two are each other's biggest supporters and you don't hide it at all! Besides the support, you care for and love each other a lot. I assure you, Hoseok, we all wish for a sibling bond like that.

You care for your BTS brothers just as you do for your family. You take care of them whenever they feel a little under the weather or fatigued; you check up on them if they seem distressed and offer a listening ear or helping hand to a member in need. You can be playful and mess with the younger ones, and also be mature and sensible with the older members. It's a common sight to see you giving a thumbs-up and encouraging smiles to your members before a performance and then afterwards you compliment them on how well they did. And you do it all so selflessly. Your heart is made of the purest of gold and is full of compassion and love. You put others before yourself and always make sure of their well-being and happiness. Your love for ARMY is so immense and incredible. Truly, I can feel it in the way you talk about us, when you talk to us, the way you listen to us and try to fulfil our wishes. I want to mention how thankful we were when you broadcasted a solo live after so long, and then brought Hope on The Street back.

Any bad day instantly turns better when I see you. Your beautiful smile that puts the stars to shame, your uncontrolled hearty laughter that could potentially bring world peace, your positivity and encouragement, your love and support--you do not know how much they help me get through bad days.

But, baby, I want to let you know that you are not obligated to always show a happy, cheerful and optimistic side. You're allowed to have bad days, you are allowed to feel sad, tired, angry, upset--you are human after all. And somedays, we all need a time off to focus on ourselves and recharge. And if you ever feel like you need a break, take it. You shouldn't neglect yourself for us. Honestly, I hate it when you do that. There's nothing selfish about treating yourself right. It's a way to love yourself. That's what you teach us, right? And, if you ever need us, for anything, no matter if it's big or small, we're here for you. You have us all.

Lastly, I want to mention how diligently you work. Whether in dance, rap, song writing, composing, or singing, you pour your heart and soul into it. Even being so successful already, you are never arrogant and welcome in critiques and ways to improve yourself. You've endured a lot since debut and it takes strength to do that. So give yourself a pat on your back, darling. You've come a long way, Hoseok, and yet not forgotten your identity. And to say I'm proud would be an understatement. You are a true inspirational icon to many of us. Thank you very much, Hoseok, for everything.

Again, happy birthday, my hope. I hope you enjoy this special day. Take care. I love you so much.

Best, 

may