#GeniusYoongiDay

To my pride, Min Yoongi

Happy birthday!! Wow, you're 25 now, halfway to 50! Anyway, jokes aside, I want to tell you how extremely proud I am of you for the person you are today. All of these are the outcome of your undying passion, courage, perseverance, endurance and diligence. Today you are an inspiration to thousands, maybe even millions. You truly well deserve everything that you've received, and so much more. Particularly I want to congratulate you on winning Hot Trend Producer! It was a memorable night for all us, and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of that title but you.

You know there's nothing I put above your happiness and your well-being. And I'm so glad that today you are able to do what makes you happy the most, what you've always been passionate about, what you've always wanted to do. I'm so happy and thankful that you've found such wonderful members with whom you share a bond stronger than blood, members who've been your side since day one and will be by your side in the steps you are to take, members who understand you like no other and accept you wholeheartedly; members who love you unconditionally and trust you and in whom you can trust. They're your biggest supporters and best critiques and they help to become the best version of yourself. It's so rare to find a friend like that, I'm glad you've got six of them. Please never let go of them.I'm happy that you're receiving so much sincere love and appreciation from all around the world, so much glory and recognition, all for your work. I'm happy that you have ARMY, who work tirelessly, sacrificing sleep and what not, just for you and who are always beside you during your highs and lows.

And most importantly, I'm so happy, glad and grateful that amongst it all, you have found your happiness, your own love for yourself, your own place in this world. You've battled your inner demons with such courage and you've proved that you can be more than just your mental health. You've grown both as a person and an artist and we're just so immensely, so greatly proud of you. And your stories have inspired so many of us, including myself. Something about your music and lyrics give me a sense of comfort and acceptance and I finally feel understood. During the dark times of my life, your words guided me to the light and gave me strength and hope for better days.

Thank you, so, so much, Yoongi, for being a part of my life. You've worked so hard and you're doing so well my love. I hope that this special day brings you a lot of smiles and laughter. I love you, more than I am willing to share.

Sending you the warmest hugs,
may