Chapter 7: telepathy?

"Aaaah!" You screamed as water splashed all over you. "What the heck do you think you're doing?!?"

"Wakin' you up." Chuck shrugged. "You can be a heavy sleeper sometimes."

"Couldn't you have woken me up another way?" You asked, pushing the now soaked blanket off you.

Chuck shrugged, "It wouldn't be fun. Now raise and shine, Greenie!" You shook your head. "Too late for that."

***

"What?!"

"Nice to meet you." Gally smiled. It wasn't one of those genuine smiles, it was more like a your-in-my-trap kind of smile. You looked around to see a few boys staring down at you.

'Please tell me this is a joke.' You thought, taking a few steps back. But that only made the boys snicker at you.

"It's finally nice to see you again, Greenie." Gally said, he walked up to you, handing you an axe. "Let's see how well you do chomping off wood."

You quickly held the axe in your hand, refusing to show any sign of weakness, but that only made Gally stare at you in amusement.

He held his hand, pointing at a heap of logs secluded from the others. You walked over to it, feeling Gally's stare on your back. You quickly lifted the axe and made a chunk out of a log. The rest left, doing their jobs. You spent the entire morning chopping wood.

It was time for lunch and you wiped a layer of sweat from your forehead. The builders were leaving for a break. You put your axe down when suddenly you hear Gally's voice.

"You're not done yet." Gally said. You turned around to face him.

"But its break." You pointed out.

"You won't be havin' any break till all the wood is done." Gally states, smirking at the other builders.

Your eyes widen in shock, "but that's impossible!" Gally just smirked, "better start chompin'" The rest of the builders left with Gally, laughing at you.

You lifted your axe and made a huge chunk out of the log. Your vision became hazy as you kept on hitting the log. 'Bastard.' You thought, 'Jerk.'

"Woah (y/n). Are you imagining someone else instead of the wood?" You looked up to see Newt, "why are you still here? It's break." Newt asked, noticing your tears. "It's Gally, isn't it?"

You couldn't take it anymore. Dropping the axe, you run to the Deadheads. You could hear Newt's shout for you to stop but you just ignored it. The bare branches of the dead trees dug into your clothes, leaving scratches all over you. You didn't stop running till you reached the end of the Deadheads. Your knees gave away underneath you; you could feel hot tears fall down your cheeks, holding your knees close to your chest, you sobbed loudly.

You hear a click and look up. A beetle blade passed in front of you so fast that you almost missed it. Across its back was 'W.I.C.K.E.D' written in red. 'No..it can't be.' You thought, but you saw it. You felt your anger boil. 'What did I do to deserve this?!' You yelled in your mind, 'Did I kill someone or stole something to be here?!'

'(Y/n)?'

You jumped at the sound of your name, you quickly looked around but there was no one there. 'Am I imagining things now?!' You thought.

'(Y/n)? Is that you?'

No. It couldn't be. That was Thomas's voice in your head.

'(Y/n)? It's me, Teresa.'

'Yup. I've lost it. I'm going insane. I can hear two voices in my head.' You thought. The voices kept calling your name but you pressed your back closer to the cold stone wall, terrified.

"What is happening to me?"

***
Surprise!
I didn't see that coming. Wait, I'm the writer so I did. 😏
Next chapter is coming up!