Dressed in golden velvet

Larry - orphan_account

"This needs to be perfect." Zayn sighed, throwing another log into the pile. The glowing embers of the fire devoured it quickly, reflecting off the man's eyes as he stared with such intentness, he doesn't hear Harry unlock the door and enter their London home.

"Zee? Is that you?"

Startled, Zayn raises from his crouched position in front of the fire place and stands to face his husband with a soft smile.

"Yeah," he breathes, basking in his lovers beauty, "it's me."

Closing the door, the taller of the pair carelessly throws his keys in the wooden bowl situated to the side, before his jade eyes lock onto Zayn with such intensity, Zayn attempts to avoid squirming.

Harry was so gorgeous. Long chocolate curls tumbling from his soft head of hair, the purest, greenest eyes any other could have the absolute pleasure to come across. Zayn constantly wonders how he got so lucky to score a man as kind-hearted and lovely as Harry.

(He liked to call him a blessing.)

"What's going on?" Harry's calm eyes drift behind Zayn to the now gently swaying fire, snapping the smaller lad from his reverie. He's wearing a silk salmon-coloured blouse topped with simple white jeans and his brown worn-out boots he loved so dearly; whereas Zayn was just wearing an old rainbow shirt and grey shorts with avocado socks. He felt like an idiot.

"I-" Zayn gulps. He wasn't sure if Harry would like his idea. "I was planning something."

"For us?"

"Always for us." he insinuates, "for you."

Slowly walking up to his man, Zayn links their hands together and gently tugs Harry with him towards the couch, where a blanket, strawberries and a small bowl of chocolate dip come into view.

"This is so lovely," Harry raises their intertwined fingers, kissing Zayn's knuckles ever-so-softly, "thank you. And cute socks." he glances pointedly at Zayn's tiny feet, a flustered tint of rose spreading throughout his husbands cheeks. 

"Not a problem, love." he dismisses the compliment, the two moving to sit down on the plush blanket. Harry toes off his shoes and throws them elsewhere, wiggling his toes. "What's the occasion?"

"I just..." Zayn sighs in content, "I am so in love with you."

Gazing at him, Harry replies earnestly: "it's mutual."

Zayn turns his face away to bite his lip giddily. He'll never get used to hearing those words come from Harry's mouth.

Picking up a strawberry and dipping it in a decent amount of the sweet dip, Zayn brings it to his husbands soft plump lips, Harry obliging and immediately wrapping his tongue around the treat.

"You're supposed to bite it, not lick it." Tutting, Zayn only earns a seductive wink from Harry. "No innuendos please." he states somewhat firmly, "tonight is going to be mellow."

But of course, his other half can see right through him. "What if I don't want it to be mellow?" Harry's pout is beyond Zayn's control (along with the semi the feather-haired male begins sporting, thigh he won't mention that).

"What if..." Harry's tongue swipes around his lips, spreading the chocolatey substance, "I wanted a kiss?"

"Harry..." Zayn warns. He knows exactly where this is going.

"One kiss, Z. That's all."

And who was Zayn to deny his home anything?

Glaring playfully, he sighs. "One."