30. shain

During Home Ec. the next day, I had to make the stir-fry by myself, because I was the only one who wasn’t constantly flirting and doing the whole oops-our-hands-touched-I-will-stare-creepily-into-your-eyes-now kind of thing. 

     Something had happened with Megan and Cris last night. I had called Megan about homework a few times only to get a busy tone (so I called Erick instead, but he wasn’t there either, which I thought was extremely weird). 

     Obviously they were falling in love. That was beyond question. 

     Had they kissed? I honestly had no idea. 

     In English, I took the seat next to Megan’s and faced her. ‘‘Okay, Blondie,’’ I said,  imitating Cori, ‘‘spill it.’’

     Megan frowned like she had a headache. Which she did. 

     ‘‘Don’t remind me of her, please,’’ she said. ‘‘I’m in enough shit already.’’

     ‘‘What’s up with you and Cris?’’ I asked. ‘‘What did you guys do last night?’’

     ‘’We hung out at his place. We took a walk, had some pizza, and started making out while watching movies.’’

     At that moment, Mrs. Timbers called me back to my seat, but I hissed, ‘‘Wait, I heard the words making out. Did you guys kiss?!’’ 

     ‘‘Shain!’’ Mrs. Timbers said. 

     Megan nodded, and I went back to my seat, grinning like crazy. 

     At lunch, Megan invited me to walk with Cris, which made my stalking plans a whole lot easier. I ate some pepperoni pizza while we did laps of the school. Cris and Megan talked about random things like pencils and shoes and the weather in California. After our forth lap, they kept brushing shoulders and making eye contact. 

     ‘‘You guys go ahead,’’ I told them, walking over to my friend Chloe in the corner. ‘’Go have fun. I will wait.’’

     So they wandered off, pushing the doors open to go outside, and I thought that they deserved a bit of privacy together. 

     ‘‘What’s up with them?’’ Chloe asked. 

     I grinned. ‘‘They’re in love.’’