Lesson- Part Fourteen

Fourteenth Lesson- How not to lie.

The worst part was it all made sense.

Watching Sam strut away, with her hair shining in the sun, all I could think about was that I got it now. That I wasn't surprised, that I believed her. Even when he had denied so many times, I believed her.

You'd think that I would have gone to look for Harry, and yell at him, tell him that I didn't want to see him ever again in my life and to go fuck himself, but instead, I stayed there, in the middle of the hallway while people kept giving me weird looks.

I felt the need to cry, to let out a frustrated scream and punch something, preferably Sam and Harry, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything other than feel like crap.

My stomach felt heavy, twisting and turning into knots, while tears prickled in my eyes.

I hugged the books I had just checked out to my chest, walking almost sluggishly to where I knew Harry must be. After all we were supposed to go have lunch all together, have a nice afternoon on our first day back to college.

I walked to the building where Harry had told me he had classes. Usually, he would go look for me, pick me up from my last class so we could go to his apartment and cuddle, study or mostly, fuck. But today, I had gotten early out of class, giving me the opportunity to go pick up a book from the library. I wished I was still stuck in class, to be honest.

When I saw him, the undeniable butterflies that the sight of him caused annoyed me, especially cause they were mixed with the chocked frustration I had balled up in my stomach. I couldn't really understand where I was getting the strength to walk up straight and not cry right there, but I walked calmly to Harry and Zayn, who were leaning on a wall, while talking.

"Hey, Babe!" Harry said when he saw me, immediately kissing me on the lips with a soft kiss. Despite the fact that we couldn't really keep our hands from each other when we were alone, we barely do any PDA. Well, except when we were alone with his friends or my roommate, cause that annoyed them and I enjoyed annoying them.

Harry looked at me carefully after the kiss, I guess cause I had barely responded to it, and he frowned, opening his mouth to say something, but closing it without a sound as everyone else joined us.

They all started walking, probably starving as they always were, in a hurry to get to the burger place we were supposed to go.

"Hey, are you okay?" Harry asked me when we were left behind. I had my eyes glued to the floor, probably trying to hide my face from him and any possible tear. When I finally looked at him and saw his lovely green eyes full of worry, I realized I was willing to overlook whatever it was. I didn't care. Sam was lying, none of it could be true. I just didn't want to lose him.

"Can we go to your apartment?" I asked him softly before I lost the last string of will in me.

"Sure, yeah." He nodded, looking at his friends who were surprisingly far ahead from us. I guess I'd been walking slower than I thought. "Do you think they'll notice if we go?"

"Just go, go and tell them. I'll wait here."

I watching walk away, right until he was by Liam's side and whispering something to his ear before he patted his back and walked back to me. Ever second that went by the pressure that had settled between my chest and my stomach just grew bigger, making me feel as if I could throw up at any second or as if my heart was going to just burst. My head hurt and I felt a headache coming, one of those that make your eye twitch and throb and you can actually hear your pulse.

How much can you hate a person? Cause I think that's exactly how much I hated Sam at that very moment.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Harry asked me when he reached my side and I looked at him, forcing myself to smile and nod. There was something I could not forget myself and it was making a show in the middle of campus. This conversation would have to wait until we were alone. Then I could probably punch him.