Work with Eggman?

"I can't believe I lost (Y/n) again." Sonic sulked as he fell onto his knees.

"Don't worry Sonic, we'll find (Y/n) and (S/n)." Tails patted his shoulder reassuringly. "We've beaten Lyric before and we'll beat him again." He added as he slapped a hand over his fist threateningly, putting an emphasis on 'beat.'

Sonic chuckled lightly at the words of encouragement as he stood to his feet. "You're right buddy, come on gang let's go kick some snake butt!" Sonic sped off to Bygone Island, Crater Lake and Cliff's excavation Site before stopping abruptly, he turned around and quickly ran back to Eggman's lair. "Uh...does anyone have any idea where they might be?" He asked his teammates, who only shrugged and shook their heads.

"Ahem!" Eggman coughed, earning everyone's attention. "Perhaps I may be of assistance." He said with a mischievous grin while stroking his fabulous moustache. Sonic folded his arms and turned around. "Forget it egghead! There's no way I'm teaming up with you." He huffed, gagging at the mere thought of working with his nemesis. Eggman simply smirked, of all the years he spent trying to destroy Sonic he knew how to get under the hedgehogs skin.

"Not even to save your beloved (Y/n)? It really is a shame that you're refusing any means to help her. It boggles the mind at how a human girl could be in love with such a cowardly hedgehog." He taunted with a little chuckle. Sonic growled as he faced Eggman. If there's one thing he hates it's being called a coward.

"I'm not afraid of anything egghead! If working with you means saving (Y/n) and (S/n) then fine! We'll work together." He said as he got in Eggman's face. "What do we have to do?" He grumbled under his breath.

Eggman placed a hand over Sonic's face and pushed him back, causing the hedgehog to stumble over before quickly regaining his balance. Eggman used his hand to fan away the lingering smell of Sonic's usual diet of greasy chili dogs. "You might wanna cut back on the chili dogs man, that stuff can't be good for you." He commented before speaking to the team in a serious tone. "I've installed a tracking device on each of the girls necklaces. All you gotta go is follow the signal before that over grown reptile catches on and destroys them."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's save em before the toaster apocalypse starts!" Sticks shouted as she held her boomerang in the air while screaming a battle cry.

"Does that mean this storylines gonna have the same glitches in our last video game?" Knuckles asked while scratching his head in confusion.

"Lyric better not lay one robotic claw on (S/n)...." Tails growled. "...or I'll carve him into purse." He pulled out a calendar and checked the date. "Today's our 2 day anniversary, hopefully a purse would make an amazing gift for (S/n)."

"Ditto buddy." Sonic agreed as he turned to his team, except Amy, who was in Eggman's bathroom vigorously cleaning the fox puke out of her clothes and fur. "Alright gang... and egghead let's go!"

Eggman folded his arms and scowled at Sonic. "Are you insane you moronic hedgehog?! I can't risk my valuable life to help save your girlfriend. I'll be here in the lair where it's safe while I download the schematics on your communicatiors."

"Fine by me egghead." Sonic shrugged. "You can stay here where it's safe~" He chuckled as he mocked him, making Eggman growl in frustration.

"Under normal circumstances where people usually say 'good luck', I sincerely hope that hideous reptile eats you alive!"

"Whatever eggface! Gang let's move!"

"Wait!" Amy hollered as she bolted out of the bathroom, stopping her teammates. "I'm coming with you guys." She pulled out her piko piko hammer and did a few impressive twirls with it before posing in a martial art stance. Unfortunately she was met with a few unwelcoming glares from her teammates.

"No!" Sonic said flatly. "3 is more than enough!"

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Amy whined as she put her hands on her hips.

"I think you'd be better off here with Eggman." Sonic turned to his two teammates. "Let's roll." The trio left Amy behind with Eggman, ignoring her protests.