Dear Augustus

May 23, 1973

Dear Auggie,

Kit had the baby last week. I am sure that you already recieved a letter from Kit, but I just ahd to tell you anyways. She's beautiful, by the way. Anna Elyza Bauer. Mama cried when Kit told her Anna's name. She has your eyes, but Kit's hair.

I miss you, Augustus. I really, really miss you. I miss the time we spend together, and the way you wake me up on a Saturday. But you'll be home soon, right? Please tell me you and Harvey will be home soon. Ansie and Henry are doing a beautiful job distracting me of the two people missing from my life, but sometimes, they don't come to the rescue fast enough.

Henry and I are graduating soon. June third, class of 1973. Can you believe it? Henry and I are going to The University of Vermont in the fall. Our fourth anniversary is tomorrow and I'm nervous for what Henry has planned. I mean, I don't want him to out do himself and make whatever I give to him seem... well, crappy.

Your Sister,

Helene 

I let out a yawn and rubbed my bleary eyes. It was late and I had to get up early tomorrow to get Henry's gift ready for our anniversary dinner. I folded up my letter and placed it in the envalope for tomorrow when I ran my errands. I heard a familiar tap tap tap on my window before it slid open and Henry slid inside. I smiled sleepily at my boyfriend as I walked over to my bed and slid under the covers.

"Henry, it's late. What are you still doing up?" I yawned and he slid into bed with me.

"You're parents gave me permition to stay over night after I got out of work." He whispered as he made me lean into him. And I wasn't complaining. Henry bent down a bit and picked me up bridal style to carry me to bed.

I woke up late the next morning to the sound of clanging dishes downstairs. Henry and Ansel must have been cooking this morning. I got out of bed and padded down the hall, checking on my brother and my niece before going down the stairs to the living room. Mama, Papa, and Kit were in the living room, watching the news as if their lives depended on it. I joined Kit on the couch and took her hand in mine as they listed off the daily death toll. From Auggie's last letter two days ago, we knew he was alive, but the fear was still there.

"Good morning guys." I yawned, resting my head on Kit's shoulder. Papa turned the television off and smiled warmly at me.

"How's my Prinzessin this morning?" He asked, leaning over and ruffling my hair. I smiled and fixed my hair quickly.

"I am well, Papa. Happy, extatic even!" I giggled.

"It's her four year anniversary with Henry." Mama whispered to Papa. "Do you have your letter for Augustus? Papa is heading into town later today and he will mail it for you."

"No, it's okay. I will mail it before our date." I said, stretching my back.

"No, you're not!" Henry called from the kitchen. "My gift lasts all day, my love!"

"Just give it to me after breakfast, Prinzessin." Papa said to me and I nodded.

"Breakfast is done!" Ansel called. "Go get the babies!"

"I will be back. Go join the girls, Kit." Papa instructed as he headed towards the stairs. Mama, Kit, and I stood and went into the dinning room for the breakfast my boyfriend and half blind brother made. It was not breakfast, I can tell you that. They tried, they really did, but it did not look edible. Henry sat next to me with a grin on his face as I pushed around what looked to be eggs on my plate.

"Are you enjoying your eggs, love?" Henry asked as he put a spoonful of eggs in his mouth.

"Yes." I lied, shoving the eggs in my mouth. Everyone ate the food, but it was like eating sardines fresh from the can, disgusting. But I still ate it for him. After breakfast, I took a quick shower and changed into comfortable clothing for the day. Knowing Henry, he'd want to take me out for the whole day, so I needed to be comfortable. After Henry graced me with his presence, he took my hand and announced we would be home by dark.

"Henry, where are we going?" I asked as we got in my volkswagon Bug. Henry got in the driver's seat since he was the man with a plan today.

"You'll see." He answered.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!!

So, this is gonna be a two parter since I just needed to get an update out there. My next update will be Saving Charlotte.

So, if you haven't gotten the announcement, my parents will be gone until saturday at midnight. I will be a little frazzled since I have a lot more responsibilities this week on top of finals on wednesday and thursday. I will also not be home for most of friday and saturday and sunday I will be gone the whole day. But other than that, I will have the summer off, for the most part. I have National Honors Society stuff to do and AP History homework to do for the first day of school as well as a billboard for summer reading.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho