Epilogue

Eight years later

I groaned as I lowered myself into the chair. It's been eight wonderful years with the twins, and Henry, and two more kids, and now, another on the way. It's 1982, May 17th, to be exact. It's Papa and Mama's anniversary and all the kids said they would help. Aunt Emily and Uncle Frank kept my parents occupied as Augustus, Kit, Ansel, his wife Melanie, Henry and I, Richard, Anna, and my oldest children. Aunt Emily's kids and grandkids helped as well.

Kit and Augustus had another kid in '79 and will be having their third in seven more months. Ansel and Melanie are expecting their first child in two months time, which is quite exciting. He still lives with Albert and his wife Veronica and their two children. Henry and I moved out shortly after our honeymoon. Yes, Henry and I have been married for almost eight years now. In addition to Pheobe and Harvey, we have our identical twins, Miranda and Halley, and will be expecting our fifth (and possibly sixth) child in three more months. For some reason, Henry and I are the only ones having twins. Maybe it's a condition with me? Maybe I had a twin that my mother miscarried?

Kit and Melanie lowered themselves next to me with loud sighs. "I don't know how you could possibly want to have more kids after giving birth to twins. Twice!" Kit said, rubbing my stomach.

"Well. Miranda and Halley were the only planned babies." I said. It's true. When Harvey and Pheobe turned four, Harvey and I decided to try again. Little did we know it would be twins, again. "Pheebes, Harvey, and this one were accidents." I said quietly. We still hadn't told the twins that they came before our wedding. Granted that they had classmates who were convieved in similar situations, but they truly believed that they came nine months after our wedding.

"I can hardly bare having one, Lene, I look up to you. Four kids and you're only twenty six." Melanie said as my brother came and enveloped her in his arms. "What I can't believe is that she's the one having all the twins when I'm the one who's a twin." He said, kissing his wife's cheek and then mine.

"If you want a pair, take your pick. Henry and I need a weekend to ourselves. I think Kit and Auggie are taking the oldest ones next weekend." I said as my loving husband came over to us.

"They pulled into the drive way." he said, helping me up. We managed to get everyone into the back yard and to stay quiet. I could hear my parents and their in-laws chatting away. They've been married for thirty-three years. That brought a smile to my face. Thirt-three years of love and hardships. I looked at Henry as he wrapped his arms around my bulging stomach. That's what I wanted for us. "I love you, Lena." He whispered in my ear as the four reached the back door.

"Surprise!" We yelled, well, mainly the kids did. My parents smilled and came around hugging us. My father found a spot on the ground and let his son and grand kids attack him. I never knew what led my father to try for a fifth child at fifty years old, but when I had my own, it hit me. There is nothing more precious than a child's love.

As the sky grew darker and my brother's started a fire in the fire pit, Henry and I went to the front porch and sat on the front steps, the very ones where we shared our numerous firsts. Our first date, first kiss, first fight, first I love you, first and only proposal, first marital kiss, first everything together.

"I swear, Henry St.Claire, if these are another set of twins, I'm done." I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Lena, you know that we have been failed by contraception, not once, but twice. You will probably get pregnant three months after this one is born." Henry said, rubbing my stomach affectionately. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"How many times have we found ourselves on these very steps over the past thirteen years of you relationship?" I asked.

"God, shall we start pre war or post war?" He teased, wrapping his arms around me. "These steps are where our kids will have their countless firsts."

"And lasts." I said. Henry raised an eyebrow at me. "Mama and Papa approached me a few weeks after Pheobe and Harvey were born. They left us the house in their will." Henry kissed me forehead.

"And that will not be until the last of our children are married." Henry said, kissing my lips lightly.

"Exactly what I said, husband." I said, kissing him back.

Life with Henry St. Claire has been a rocky road. One that I will be on forever because I will be on it with the man that I will always love.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I am officially done with this series! I know, it's sad. But I like how things ended.

I will update Meeting Ophelia and Max and Emma soon. I promise.

Lots of love,

DoctorWho