Dear Augustus

November 3, 1973 

Dear Augustus,

How are you? Is it cold where you are? Are you coming home soon? Have you prayed for Harvey yet? Mama and Papa and Ansie and I are doing better. Kit left with Anna to visit her parents, she will be back before Thanksgiving weekend.

Auggie, promise me you won't harm Henry when I tell you this. I am three months pregnant with Henry's child. Everyone knows now, including his parents. Again, please do not harm him, Augustus. I love him and he needs to stay alive to come back to me and the baby.

Your sister,

Helene 

I fell asleep after writing the letter. My baby had been keeping me up late into the night too often as of late. It was getting harder and harder to juggle school and work and my pregnancy. Mama and Papa were discussing it, but I had a hunch that after the winter holidays were over, I was to drop out of college and go back to working full time. I would need to, even though both my parents and Mr. and Mrs. St. Claire were ready to help Henry and I with whatever we needed. Mama and Papa insisted on giving me some baby clothes that Richard will have out grown and the St. Claires wanted to buy their only grandchild's crib. There were still things that I wanted to by for my baby, like toys and little suits or dresses and shoes and I wanted to do that with my money. No one elses.

My little bump was starting to be noticed around town. People came into Mama's shop just to gossip about me. I was in the back with Kit one day when Mama exploded at one of her customers.

"For God sake, will you shut up about my daughter! If all you wanted was to berate me and my child, you can take your mouth and your business elsewhere!" Mama shouted. "I do not care if you disapprove of her age or the state in which the baby was concieved! It will be loved. Now get out." I never knew how much my mother loved me until she lost a customer over me. But my mother didn't care. She always told me that as long as you have family, it does not matter how much money you have. You are rich in love.

When we are at  home, sometimes Mama, Kit and I discuss which side my baby will take after more, the Germans or the French/Scottish side. Mama and Papa are polar opposites in looks. Mama is the typical Jewish Girl with her brunette hair and brown eyes while Papa was text-book Nazi with his Aryan Blonde hair and blue eyes. Augustus got the perfect mix of brown hair and blue eyes. Ansel and Harvey were fraternal twins because Ansel looked exactly like Mama while Harvey looked exactly like Papa. I was a mixture, like Augustus, but I have blonde hair and brown eyes. So far, Richard appears to have a muddy mixture of blonde/brown hair with blue-hazel eyes. Henry has blue eyes, which is what I want our baby to have, his blue eyes. Henry has dark hair, like Auggie and Ansel and Mama. I do not particularly care what color hair the baby has as long as he or she has blue eyes.

People are still prejudice againts people of German descent. Some people around town, new people mainly, taunt my family because we are German. There is an author in Massachusettes named Theodor Seuss Giesel, a German-American like my siblings and me, wrote a book called The Sneeches. Mama would read it to us as children, telling us that it mattered not whether you had a star on your belly or not, everyone was equal to each other.

I think people taunt the German-Americans because they are afriad of another Hitler, and another Holocaust. My Papa was a Nazi under Hitler, and he saved my Mama and Aunt Emily years ago. Mama likes to tease Papa by saying that the only reason he saved the two was because at heart he knew he was Jewish. Papa likes to tease Mama by saying the only reason she stayed was because she wanted a little blonde hair and blue eyed baby like him. And she did, and then she lost him.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!!

I know, short update. I will update this again sometime soon.

I know, I haven't updated The Girl In the Music Shop or Saving Charlotte yet. I just don't want them to end and I am writing the last chapters for the both of them. It's gonna be sad to stop writing those two books. But I will then start Meeting Ophelia and resume either Max and Emma or Ms. Dreamer.

Shout out to Lewissecuiu because he is amazing and you should all read his book Love Between Nerds :)

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho