Dear Augustus

January 4, 1974

Dear Augustus,

Happy New Year, brother! I hope you were allowed an amristice for the holidays. Kit and the baby are fine, everyon is fine, including your nieces or nephews. Yes, the doctor confirmed that I am having twins. My stomach has swelled a lot and I can't imagine mom and Kit going through this.

I lov you, Augustus Kurt. I think about you every day.

Your Sister,

Helene

The only perk of being five months pregnant in the middle of winter is that I am warm, otherwise, I am misserable. I continue to have extreme mood swings, Mama says that's from all my hormones. I'm either very sad, or suddenly I'm happy, then I could be so mad... I don't know how Mama did this three times already, and Kit only once. Every day is hell for me, especially when I go to the birthing classes and I don't have my Henry. He said that he wishes that he would be their for the twins birth, but he will still be over seas.

Papa and Ansie are wonderful, though. Ansie and Papa take turns going to the class with me and they are working together to make a nursery and furniture to go in it.

Over the past few months men started to come home. They were badly injured, but they were home. Some were diagnosed with a psychological disorder called... Shell Shock, as Uncle Frank puts it. Many people in town have thrown parties welcoming everyone home. I've been to a few for friends of Henry and me. A few of them were in wheelchairs. Our closest friend, Albert, had lost the use of his legs from a mine explosion. He said that he saved his whole platoon. I had been over his house every day since he returned. He was the first of our friends that I told about the baby.

"Lena, I'm serious, you and Hank can stay with me." He offered a week ago. "My parents left me this huge house, I'm only going to be occupying the lower levels and my old room. You guys should live with me."

"Albert, I couldn't possibly intrude. We're having twins, you'll be up all night with us." I said, rubbing m stomach.

"Helene, these are my nieces or nephews in there, and what if Henry, god forbid anything happen to my best friend, doesn't make it? He wrote me while I was in sick bay, he wants me to take care of you three." I started tearing up. Henry would make it through, he promised me.

"We'll see, Albert, we'll see."

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I know it's been a while since I've updated. I have a shit ton of homework and it's still summer break.

I'm sorry to say that a friend of mine, Ju, is leaving. I'll miss her, but she's got some stuff to work out. And my friend Petts had gon awol, but she's on an amazing Vaca, I hope.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho