Motive

Rememeber to vote and add this story to your library to know when it gets updated if you're enjoying it. :) Thank you for reading. 

-------------------------------

July 12th 10:02pm

"How was your date?" Avery asked with a giant smile as Ashley walked into the precinct. He was waiting for her by the elevator which once again caused Ashley to ask.

"How in hell do you do that?" She shook her head as they walked towards their offices.

He shrugged. "It's a gift. My Ashley senses were tingling." He beamed a smile at her and she could only shake her head at him and return the smile. "And you didn't answer my question Davies." He pointed out.

"On purpose."The brunette replied quickly.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Do I at least get to know the lucky girls name?"

"Nope." She smiled cutely. "You have a connection for me?" She asked once they reached the doors to their offices.

Avery tutted. "Fine. Be that way. I did find something," he turned around and grabbed a file from his desk. "According to their phones all of the victims used this service for speed dating at one point or another and how much do you wanna bet that's how all the happy couples met."

"We need to visit that-"

"No, you need to go home and sleep Davies." Avery pointed a stern finger at the brunette and as if on cue she yawned.

"No," she shook her head. "I'm good I don't need to sleep."

Avery purses his lips and shook his head. "Davies you look like night of the living dead."

"Oh gee thanks. Way to charm a girl."

He shrugged. "I'm just saying, what have you gotten, all of two hours in two days. Not acceptable. I need your brain at it's best and it can't be that way if you're tired. Now go home and get some sleep. We can head to the speed dating office tomorrow. Go." He shooed her.

"Avery I really am okay. I just wanna look more into-"

"Go home, that's an order Davies." He cut her off with a stern look.

"Did you just pull rank on me?" She popped a brow.

"Go." He ordered, pointing towards the elevator.

"I can't believe you just pulled rank on me." She smiled and snatched the file from his hands. "Just know that I'm leaving under protest." She pouted and started to head towards the elevators.

"I better not see you here until at least noon tomorrow Davies I'm not joking!" Avery shouted after her retreating figure.

Ashley rolled her eyes and smiled as she got on the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby.

----------------------------------

"Hi." The blonde kicked off the brunette's door to stand up straight as Ashley approached her. Ashley glanced down at her watch. It was after ten pm.

"Hi." She returned the smile.

"I'm sorry to just show up at your place, I know that you said you were headed back to work and I honestly wasn't sure how long I was gonna stay out here and wait for you but I figured that maybe if you came home and a decent time we could finish the date because honestly I really like being around you and I didn't want our date to end when it did and I hope you feel the same way." Spencer rattled off, not taking a single breathe.

Ashley grinned at the blonde's cuteness. "Are you done?" Spencer bit her lip and nodded. "That was a very adorable speech Spencer." Ashley moved toward the blonde, Spencer stepped aside for Ashley to unlock her door. Ashley unlocked the door and walked inside expecting the blonde to follower her but she doesn't. "Are you gonna come in?"