No Regrets

13 years ago

"Big sister wake up." Glen smiled down at his sister as her eyes fluttered open.

"Glen." Spencer looked up at him, confused.

"It's Christmas." He barely whispered, his giant smile still plastered on his face.

"What time is it?" Spencer rolled over to look at her nightstand, but her clock radio was no longer there.

"I took it." Glen said, looking down at his sister.

Spencer furrowed her brows, "Why?" She asked.

"So that time will stand still." Glen answered.

"Glen that's not how time works." She shook her head. "You can't make it stand still just by taking away all the clocks, time keeps moving always, no one can stop it." She explained to him. His blue eyes stared into hers.

"If someone dies then time stops moving for them, right?" He asked.

Spencer nodded and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Yeah I guess, I mean, it stops for them, but it keeps moving for everyone else."

"Do you miss mom?"

"Sometimes." Spencer answered honestly. She resented Paula for deserting them, but Glen was a lot to handle. In her fifteen years of living, she came to realize just how hard it must have been for her mom to see her son slowly fading into the darkness of his disease. Even with the medication Glen still had serious problems. Problems, that no doctor or pill could ever fix.

"I don't. I hate her. She left us. I loved her before she left us. But now I hate her. And one day, I'm going to get her back for what she did to dad and to you and to me." Glen narrowed his eyes and stared blankly at the wall behind Spencer.

Not wanting him to become more agitated Spencer said, "Come on, let's go and open presents okay?"

Glen seemed to snap back to reality. "Okay." He smiled and jumped up from Spencer's bed. She threw the covers to the side and climbed out of bed and they both headed downstairs where the presents were waiting for them under the tree.

-------------------------

Five Months Ago

"Why are you doing this?" The blonde cried as Glen continued to tie her up. He didn't answer, he stopped his work for a moment to look at the girl, Missy, she reminded him so much of his mother and his sister... he hated his mother for leaving them and he hated that his sister was following in her footsteps. It would only be a matter of time before she left with one of her girls too. "Please." She whispered, staring straight into Glen's eyes. He paused again, she looked so much like Paula...

"I have to." He said, then placed a gag over her mouth. She screamed and screamed but no one could hear her. "I waited patiently for you. I followed you for weeks, I had to figure out your schedule, your girlfriends' schedule." Her eyes widened, Glen smiled. "Yes, I know about your girlfriend. I know everything there is to know about you Paula, don't you understand that."

Missy knit her brows in confusion. She didn't know who this Paula was, she was thinking that maybe this was all a mistake, that he had the wrong person.

"Mmmm." She mumbled, trying to get the gag from her mouth to tell him just that. Glen pulled the cloth from her mouth, allowing her to speak. "My name isn't Paula." She shook her head vigorously. "I think you have the wrong person. My name is Missy, I don't even know anyone named Paula. So, you can just let me go and we can pretend this never happened, okay?"