The Struggle

Almost Five Months Ago

Glen watched the girl as she made her way from building to building. He watched her as she smiled and laughed with her friends. The look she gave one friend in particular when the girl leaned over and whispered something in her ear. He knew what she'd said without having to hear a word of it. The girl was giving the smaller one the same look his sister Spencer would give Chasity- the girl she claimed to not be dating, but Glen knew she was.

The more time Spencer spent with Chasity the less time she spent with him.

He didn't like that. He also didn't like the medication the doctor and Spencer decided it'd be best he took... so he stopped. And he'd never felt better.

Only one thing would make him feel even better than that, however.

There was something growing inside of him. An urge needing to be fulfilled. He couldn't figure out what it was just yet, but he could feel it bubbling inside him. Growing with each passing moment. The intensity getting deeper and deeper with each ticking second.

Glen watched as the group made their way into a dorm building. He needed to follow. He also needed to blend. So, as he passed by a boy - so engrossed in his book with his headphones on sitting on a bench near a tree – he grabbed the boys two books and continued his walk towards the dorm building.

He made his way inside the building, through the swarms of students as they entered or left their respective rooms. Thank God it was a coed dorm, or his cover would have already been compromised.

"Missy are you going to the party on Friday?" One of the girl's friend asked the blonde who Glen had his sights on.

"I don't know." Missy shrugged. "My roommate is out of town until then, I may just use the time to catch up on school work seeing as though when she's here I barely get any peace." She said causing the group to laugh. They stopped in front of a door. Glen turned and leaned against the wall. He took his phone out to look down at it in case any of the group turned to look at him.

"I'll see you later today?" The smaller brunette who had previously whispered in Missy's ear questioned.

"Mhm." Missy nodded and hugged the girl with a bright smile. Glen peered up at them, watching as the rest of the group disappeared down the after Missy entered her room.

Room 212, Glen etched it into memory.

He had been following her for days now but never long enough to find out her dorm room number. It was the last thing he needed from her. Glen's lips twitched up into a smirk. He had all the information he needed from blonde, now he just had to wait for his moment to strike.

-----------

August 13th

"There hasn't been a single body in a week Ashley, do you think CFK has left the city? Do you think we were getting close?"

"I don't know." Ashley shrugged as Avery stood up from his desk and walked over to her office. "It's like he just fell off the face of the earth. She sighed as she looked down at the files on her desk. Not that she wasn't happy that CFK hadn't struck again, she just... she didn't want the women he had killed to miss their justice. They deserved it.

"Maybe he's taking a break, recouping, getting his strength back or something." Avery suggested as he took a seat on the edge of Ashley's desk.

"Or maybe he skipped town like you said and I'm just one giant failure that couldn't catch him and now everyone he killed won't get the justice they deserve and now another city will have to go through this all over again and it's all my fault." Ashley said in one giant breath.