Chapter 14

You were waiting for the the evacuation of the city to finish up when you saw an explosion coming from a nearby building. You flew over to the building to see a whole army of mutants running rampant in the streets. "Fury, you might want to speed up the evacuation because the attack is happening now!" "I'm sending the avengers to assist you in battle." You dive bomb into a group of mutants and start knocking them down. As you were fighting the mutants were starting to overwhelm you. You fell down and were getting beat up until a metal object came crashing through the group and went back to its owner. You got up and saw Thor taking down dozens of mutants with the rest of the avengers. Captain America came over to assist you. "You guys took your damn time." "Sorry. We'll cover you while you head over to Mercer." You nodded and started fighting through the mutants again trying to find Mercer until you hear a voice in your head. 'Come and get me.' You looked over to your right and saw Mercer fighting off S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers and consuming them. You ran over and with all your might, punched him over to a nearby building roof. You were going to follow but a giant infected came through with more following. The goliath started shooting fire from their mouths while throwing rubble at you. You climbed up one from the rail and pulled it apart with your tendrils. The other goliaths shot fire at you but you shielded the attacks and used your blade to cut their feet making them fall then decapitating them. More were coming but the Hulk launched one into the other's and distracted them. You took that as your time to finish Mercer so you went to where you left him but couldn't find him until you felt him slash your shoulder. You blindly flail your claws hoping to him but failing when he wraps his whip around you and dragged you towards him. You struggle to get out of his grip but he uses his other hand to rip your left arm and right leg off. You scream in pain until you release what's left of your biomass to push him away but launches you into a building and leaving you covered in rubble. You try to get up only to fail until he walks back in and stomps his foot on your chest. He turns his hand into a blade and ask you. "Ready to meet your maker?" You brace yourself for what's about to happen only to hear him cry out in pain. You open your eyes to see Laura slicing her claws through him and throwing him out of the building. "You didn't think I was gonna miss this did you?" "Can you help me?" She helps you get up and outside of the building to finds some biomass. You spot a dead goliath and consume it and start healing. As you were healing Mercer comes out of an alleyway and noticed you and Laura. He smiles sadistically and you and Laura fell to the ground in pain, feeling as though you couldn't breath. He walked over to you and had his claws out, ready to kill you until he stopped and moved to Laura. "I'm going to make you suffer even more." He raised his claw, about to strike until you morphed into your armor and blade and cut his arms off. He kicked you away and summoned his blade and claimed his arm at you but you cut his blade off. He kept changing his weapons and you kept slicing them off until he was on the ground with no hands. You changed your hands into claws and raised them to finally kill him. "How's it feel to be in top of the food chain?" "Feels fucking good." You then slashed and cut him into little pieces until he was nothing then consuming him. You fell to the ground with a red aura and released the biomass into the city, taking down all the mutants and evolved and blacked out.

Timeskip

You woke up in the hospital with Laura sleeping next to you. You watched her sleep until she groaned and woke up seeing you and getting up to hug you. "Did we win?" "Yeah." You hugged her for a while longer then kissed her. "I love you so much." "I love you too." You looked at her face, thinking until you said. "Will you marry me?" She gasped then kissed you, tears streaming down her face. "Yes!" You hugged her until you heard clapping behind her. You looked over to see Nick Fury, the avenger, and Logan clapping and smiling. "Man, you guys just ruined the moment." They walked over and started congratulating you except for Logan. He walked over and shook your hand. "Kinda wish you asked me first but if you make her happy then congrats bub." You smiled and kissed Laura again.