Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Other Brooks

It's almost 2 in the afternoon and I don't think I've been this bored in a long time. Andrea had left for the weekend because she had to visit her family back in Indiana, so it was my first day of being alone in awhile. I texted Luke but he didn't answer. I decided to walk to his house just to buy some time and surprise him since he wasn't replying to me. I changed into some ripped jeans and an oversized tee and left. It did take awhile to get to their house but it was really nice outside, so it was okay. Once I got there I knocked on the door and surprisingly, it wasn't Luke.

"Hey Mia." Jai smiles.

"Hey Jai."

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I um, came to visit Luke." I sounded clingy.

"Oh, sorry he's been out."

"Oh.. Okay.. Well I'll see you later then." I started to walk away when Jai spoke,

"You can come inside! You already took the time to come here so might as well chill." He says.

"Okay." He let's me inside and we both just stand there.

"So.." I say.

"This is awkward." He says. I laughed.

"Just a bit."

"How can you be so close to Luke, but we haven't even hung out before?" He asks. I shrug.

"Hm. Let's go out to eat." He suggests and I agree to it.

We had a car service take us, and we talked on our way there. We seemed to get along easily, which I didn't really find surprising, because well, he's Luke's twin, and they are similar in some ways, but I could also tell that they're very different. When we got to the restaurant we ordered our food right away and chatted while we waited.

"So, how are you and Ariana?" I ask.

"We broke up." He replies.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"It's okay Mia, I'm slowly getting through it." He gave me a smile of reassurance.

"What happened?" I suddenly regret asking. "Oh sorry that was pushy you don't have to ans-"

"No no it's okay." He chuckles. "She uh, cheated on me. With some other guy from this band. I guess I saw it coming, I was just some stupid immature guy from Melbourne."

"I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, and it does suck at first, but In the end you should feel relieved. Everything happens for a reason. Ariana just wasn't the girl for you."

I explain.

"Thanks, Mia. That made me feel better." He smiled.

"Glad I could help."

Our food came and we talked some more. Jai was so much more, I don't know, he seemed like a hopeless romantic. On the outside, yeah, there's this confident, strong, attractive looking guy, but on the inside, I could tell that he just wants a girl to love forever, and I admired that. I felt sorry for Ariana, because she just gave up one of the most amazing guys she'll ever have. After our food came we walked around alittle since there was a park nearby. After walking for a bit we stopped at a bench and sat down. It was silent for a couple minutes until Jai spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" He says.

"Anything" I say, keeping my eyes on the trees.

"Do you like Luke?" I froze. I didn't know what to say.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean of course I like him, we're best friends. But, on a different level, I just don't know."

He didn't say anything after that. We decided to head back to Jai's house. We called the car service again and we were finally at his house.

"You gonna come in?" He asks.

"It's getting late, I don't have my car so I should get going."

"You walked here?!" He exclaims.

"Yeah, it wasn't too bad." I said.

"Why would you walk when you have a car?" He says.

"I just needed a nice walk." I shrugged.

"Okay well, just stay until Beau gets home them he can take you."

"I can just call a car service" I say.

"You can't trust car service people at night, especially since you're a young woman. Men get needy." He states.

"Young woman?" I start to chuckle.

"You know what I mean!" He pouts.

"I actually don't, SIR." I start cracking up.

"Stop laughing at me" he pouts even more which made me laugh harder.

"I'll tickle you." I instantly stopped laughing.

"Oh, you don't like being tickled?" He starts to form a smirk.

"No.. Jai.. Don't." I slowly back away from him as he comes closer.

"Why not? You laughed at me." He says, moving closer. I backed up as much as I could when I hit the couch and fell on it. Jai instantly attacked me and started tickling me like crazy.

"Holy- JAI-STOP-" I laughed uncontrollably, "I-CANT-"

"Say you're sorry!" He says, still ticking me.

"I-M SS-ORR-Y!"

"Say I'm awesome."

"N-o!" I laughed. He tickled me even more.

"O-k OKAY YOUR AWESOME." I yelled, still dying from laugher. Li suddenly heard someone clear their throat really loud and Jai stopped tickling me. I saw him looking at something behind me so I turned around and saw Luke standing there, his face red as a tomato.