Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Okay.

"Hey Luke" Jai says.

"Hey Luke." I repeat after Jai.

"Uh, hi."

"You're home early. How was your date with Acacia?" Jai says, wiggling his eyebrows. Luke went out.. With acacia?

"It wasn't a date you ass. We just hung out." I got off the couch.

"Why are you here?" He turns to me.

"I came to visit you but you weren't home. I texted you but you didn't answer. Jai was the only one home so we just hung out." This feels so awkward for some reason.

"Oh" was all he said.

"Well uh, I just texted Beau, Mia. He said he should be here in less than an hour. He'll take you home then." Jai says.

"Okay."

"I can take you home." Luke offers.

"No it's okay."

"Don't be stupid Mia, let me drive you home." I decided to not argue any further, so I said goodbye to Jai and left with Luke in his car.

It was really quiet in the car. Luke was the one to break the silence.

"How was your day?"

"Okay." I said plainly.

"Sorry I didn't answer your texts. I was busy." Of course he was.

"Okay."

"It wasn't a date. With me and Acacia."

"Okay." I didn't know why but I wasn't in the mood. The fact that Luke hung out with Acacia made me cringe.

"Maybe we can hangout tomorrow?"

"Okay." I said in the same tone. All of a sudden he swirved into a parking lot and stopped.

"Dammit Mia could you at least respond?!"

"Oka-"

"Not that okay bullshit!" He yells. I continue to face forward.

"Why are you so mad?" I suddenly snap.

"Because!" He exclaims. I waited for him to answer. He pulls into the parking lot of my driveway and turns the ignition off. I decided to just leave, so I slammed the door shut and walked inside when Luke called me.

"What?" I said, turning around.

"I'm gonna pick you up tomorrow around 7." And with that, he left.

It was already 4PM, and I was debating whether or not I should go. I wondered as to what Luke had planned, but in the end I decided to just go. I got ready within an hour and just waited for Luke to come. I heard the doorbell ring and I went to go answer it.

"Ready?" He asks. I nodded.

The car ride was silent. It took about 15 minutes before we arrived at some carnival.

We went to the booth & Luke asked for 2 tickets. I pulled out my money when Luke pushed it away and quickly paid. I sighed to myself. We went inside and walked around, exploring all the little shops and playing some of the games. I wondered as to why Luke never brought our fight up, it was like nothing ever happened. I went along with it though, I didn't mind it at all.

"Wanna go on the Ferris wheel?" He asks. I nodded.

We showed our wristbands, which we previously paid for that allowed us to ride unlimited rides, and got on. We slowly rose to the top and stopped.

"Luke?" I ask. I think this is a good time to bring it up.

"Hm?" He asks. Looking out at the view.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I said we were gonna hang out, and now we are." He says.

"You know what I mean."

He turns to look at me. "I'm not mad anymore, Mia, I just want to forget about what happened." He replies.

"Okay."

"Okay."